Things that mesmerize me...

aoa-bendix-king.jpg

Russian car crash videos. They are some sucky drivers over there.

That and the Indians with their construction equipment and trucking mishaps. Definitely make for some great time suckers.

All of those How it's Made videos.

Another great time sucker and a great sleep aid too boot. Ever notice how monotonish the narrators usually are. I'll usually turn the "How it's Made" channel on when I'm ready to take a quick nap.;)

Russian car crash videos. They are some sucky drivers over there.

Nurburgring Nordschleife crash videos. For about 18 Euros a lap, anybody can take their car, motorcycle or tour bus on this famed German track, and drive as fast as they want. The speed disparities and differing talent levels make for some interesting moments.

The hard left after Fuchsrohre really sneaks up on a lot of people.

All of those How it's Made videos.
I enjoyed that series too and every now and then I still see re-runs on Discovery. Not sure if you’ve ever heard of Unwrapped? Basically the same concept only with food. Interesting show!

Not sure if you’ve ever heard of Unwrapped? Basically the same concept only with food. Interesting show!
My son-in-law got his start in the business on Unwrapped.

Nurburgring Nordschleife crash videos. For about 18 Euros a lap, anybody can take their car, motorcycle or tour bus on this famed German track, and drive as fast as they want. The speed disparities and differing talent levels make for some interesting moments.

The hard left after Fuchsrohre really sneaks up on a lot of people.

Attended and camped out at a race there in '70 or '71, forget the series but they were the factory Ferraris and such, Porsche 917s. Back then the entire track was used, 12 miles or such. We could creep right up to the guard rails to take pictures with those things whizzing by 5-10' from you, and get away before security could get to us. A lot of fun.

Attended and camped out at a race there in '70 or '71, forget the series but they were the factory Ferraris and such, Porsche 917s. Back then the entire track was used, 12 miles or such. We could creep right up to the guard rails to take pictures with those things whizzing by 5-10' from you, and get away before security could get to us. A lot of fun.
That was a great era for racing! Even now you see lots of people (and spy photographers) lining the fences on any given day, hoping to see a manufacturer's prototype doing laps there. My experience on the track was in a Cadillac CTS-V, back in the days when GM was first utilizing the 'Ring for testing.

I will admit that this picture of Mars could be located in the SW US or in the Middle East. Even the sky is the same color. I'd never seen that one before.

desktop-mars-surface-jpg.59147

I will admit that this picture of Mars could be located in the SW US or in the Middle East. Even the sky is the same color. I'd never seen that one before.
It looks like a highway pavement that's been torn up. Dust off some of those flat panels of rock and you might find traces of yellow double-line paint. That terrain in the distance looks like the badlands around the east end of Lake Powell.

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 3.55.00 PM.png

I’m surprised our controller friends here haven’t said, “targets merging”. LOL.

desktop-mars-surface-jpg.59147
NASA does too much "color enhancing" to out any weight on the sky color in tbeir images. It's just as likely to be green in the next photo if it enhances the foreground the way they want.

Back