They went peacefully

HPNFlyGirl

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iBrookieMonster
I had my dogs put to sleep today. They went peacefully. Now to get used to coming home to an empty dog house. :(

Sorry to hear that Brook. thats a tough thing to have to do.

Dogs plural? Blah. Sorry to hear about that! Why both/all?

My GSD is only two years old so I have a while (hopefully) before I need to worry about that. I'll probably get another one a few years before so she can help me train. :D

Oh that's awful. Sorry to hear that Brook. :(

That is SOOO hard to do. I've had to have two put down in the last 8 months so I can relate. One 17-year-old cocker mix that was diabetic and blind, and another 15-year-old greyhound that started having seizures and was having trouble standing up right at the last. I miss them both terribly.

Oh, Brook, sorry to hear that. :(

Pets are like family. Hurts to lose them.
Putting one down is hard, it must be even harder to have to do both.

Brook! Add my condolences to the above. So sorry to hear that.

Brook, I am SO very sorry to hear that!! Man, I know it's coming with our three, but honest to God, I can't hardly even THINK about that day . . . and to have to lose 'em all at the same time . . . I wouldn't be able to even write about it. :(

Hang in there, kiddo.

That hurts. Sorry you had to do that. But, if it makes you feel better, they don't hurt anymore.

Thank you guys. Well its storming here and I feel "lost" without them. No one to put in the basement. sigh.

Oh, Brook. I know how it feels. And all the times I've had to go through it, it doesn't get any easier, especially with the creatures you've shared so much of your life with.

:( Sending hugs, my friend.

terry

Add my condolences to the list; saying "g'bye" to Dixie Belle was by far the toughest thing I have ever done in life, but when it is time, it is a last act of love which you owe to them.

HPNFlyGirl said:
Thank you guys. Well its storming here and I feel "lost" without them. No one to put in the basement. sigh.

I'm really sorry Brook. I wish there was something I could do to make it better. It's a tough thing to go through, but you will be ok, in time, I promise.

I'm sorry that you are having to go through this Brook...it's very hard. :(

The last time we had an animal put down, the vet (wonderful, wonderful man) actually came out to the farm, and our kitty went peacefully at her favorite place on the deck.

:( :( :( :( :(

Deep condolences and sincere sympathy. I know what it's like, but it's not the same. No one can know exactly what you feel and how you hurt. You have to trust, you have to know that they are in a better place and waiting for the day when you can come and be with them again. It is that hope that has to sustain you. And all the support of your family and friends.

Some of us may not seem like it, but I think we are all your friends if you need us. At least I hope that is the way it works.

Kevin

I'm so sorry Brook. I know how I'd feel without my babies.

Judy

Me Too Brook

We had to put our 12 year old Black Lab down on Memorial Day. His back legs finally stopped working all together.

My wife is still crying every morning (the dog used to go out and bring in the papers for her). There's a large hole in the house right now!

Oh that is awful Brook. Can't imagine when ours gets there and two at the same time??? That is rough. Puppy time? Our GSP (German Shorthair) is like our kid.

Brook,

Very sorry to hear about your dogs. Such a shame. Our thoughts are with you.

Brook, my heart goes out to you. I can't imagine losing our three cats...

-Andrew

astanley said:
I can't imagine losing our three cats...

I still miss our 18 year old Tabby we had to put down.

thank you guys so much. i went out to little washington yesterday to get away for a few hours and when i came home my parents had taken down the fence, burned the dog house and thrown out all the bowls, water buckets etc etc etc. i am glad i wasnt here for that.

Brook--I am sooo sorry! I've been out of town a lot this spring and just read your sad news. My 11 yo German Shepherd had to be put down last winter. And then my 2 yo lab died in my arms after a run in April. It's rough! Here's a virtual hug for you! * * :)

Petra

Sorry to hear it. I had to have a dog put down about 2 years ago I know how tough it can be.

HPNFlyGirl said:
I had my dogs put to sleep today. They went peacefully. Now to get used to coming home to an empty dog house. :(

Hey Brook, just saw the thread. I know it isn't easy as I've had to put two of ours down. My condolenses (sp?).

Thank you guys for the kind words. It is still really hard to come home to a quiet house, but my degus keep me company and are always happy to see me at the end of the day.

Back