They say the third time is the charm...

Bill

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
This page intentionally left blank
but sadly, the 3rd bird didn't work out for us either.

But, I'm happy to announce (with great fanfare, sound the trumpets!) that Brent and I are buying this M20J, the 4th airplane we've dated:

http://www.controller.com/listings/detail.aspx?OHID=1121810&guid=8B398826B6A74858B6D9066DB64E4C7A

The annual is complete, and the discrepancy list is very short, and the owner is going to have the squawks fixed. We've offered a price, and the owneer has accepted. So, now, it is a matter of finishing the paperwork and wiring the monies.

Yeee Haaaa, finally. And it really is a fine bird at the right price.

Holy Cow!

Wow! Congratulations guys. This has been a never ending saga. I'm glad you guys will finally have your own Mooney!

Nice looking bird...with a great looking panel. When do I get a ride? :D

Sure did take a while, but looks like you found quite a nice airplane! A sincere congratulations to you and Brent and best of luck with the new plane. :yes:

Brent just called and told me the GREAT news. :D Congratulations Bill and Brent. I am so excited for you. Now you will have to fly to Raleigh and visit me. :)

Congratulations Bill and Brent. Nice looking bird. Nice panel too.

Congrats you two, and that is a nice looking bird! :)

Wow - that's awesome.

And also, gotta say, "It's about time, man!" :D

Cool! :)

Ah, I see a KFC200 autopilot! Didn't know the Colonel dabbled in aviation! :D

They say "patience is a virtue", but whoever said that was probably a lazy man! Bill and Brent weren't patiently waiting for the right Mooney, they were actively hunting down the perfect one... and that activity paid off with this beautiful example!

Congrats, Bill and Brent! I love flying Mooneys, and you've got a gem of one there.

Congratulations. Feels good to be the owners of a plane isn't it???

:blueplane: :blueplane: :blueplane:

Wow, I just looked at the pictures and I recognized the plane from here at McCollum. I never flew it, but I have talked to the owner a few times and it seems like a very well cared for, nice airplane. Glad to see it go to a good home. Best of luck with it.

Again, I have plenty of Mooney time, so if there is any thing I can help you guys out with as far as ferry/checkout let me know.

Congrats, guys !
What are you going to do with the 182 ?

Wow, I just looked at the pictures and I recognized the plane from here at McCollum.

You're right. The current owners, until Tuesday, have based it at RYY. Randy L. Has been great to deal with thus far. He and his partner are looking to upgrade to an Ovation.

Congratulations!!! It looks very nice. Too bad you can't land it on grass strips. :D

We have the tundra tires on order! We're thinking about the 3 bladed carbon grass blade for Gastons next year.

Obviously I'm happy for you guys. The more Mooneys the merrier!

Are you guys just really unlucky or are there that many crappy mooneys out there?

CONGRATS

Are you guys just really unlucky or are there that many crappy mooneys out there?

CONGRATS

Thanks, Adam. Depends on the price range, I think. There is a gap between the Mac Daddy of all F's, and the biggest stinking pile of J. If you jump up into the $140k and above, I'd imagine all of the J's are pretty peachy (but you never know). But, if you're looking at J's in the 100-110k range, you will have to do quite a bit of panning to find your nugget of gold.

Sub $100k J's seem to be almost all generally stinky. PU!

...are there that many crappy mooneys out there?

It pays to have a top notch pre-buy inspection. Our search revealed many Mooney's with a history of gear up landings. As of now it appears we found a gem....Time will tell.

Hey........... congrats guys!!! Looking forward to seeing it. You guys are going to 6Y9 right?

But, I'm happy to announce (with great fanfare, sound the trumpets!) that Brent and I are buying this M20J, the 4th airplane we've dated:

http://www.controller.com/listings/detail.aspx?OHID=1121810&guid=8B398826B6A74858B6D9066DB64E4C7A

WOW!!! That is one heckuva nice bird! Stormscope AND active traffic on the 430, and a very capable autopilot!

Heck, another couple G's to upgrade to the 430W so your autopilot can fly procedure turns and holds and you'll never have to touch the yoke again. :rofl:

Congrats Bill and Brent! :yes:

It pays to have a top notch pre-buy inspection. Our search revealed many Mooney's with a history of gear up landings.

And not just gear up landings, but some with massive, almost unexplainable damage.

Hey........... congrats guys!!! Looking forward to seeing it. You guys are going to 6Y9 right?

Iffy. Gotta get hours in, gotta get other stuff sorted, and gotta get a 3 day pass from the command Gunny. :hairraise:

You can now officially welcome me into the Poor Man's Aviation Club....Wire Transfer is complete for the Mooney:yes:

Mooney M20J (in my future)
Brent, so change your signature!

Back