They did what...?!?

I have thought of changing my name to Max Power or Buck Naked.....

I try to stay anonymous, but my real name is Longhorn Steakhouse

I was going to change my name to *******, but people call me that anyway, so I figure I'll save the $$ it would cost to change it and buy 100LL instead.

You can change your name without using the court - if you ain't doing it for purposes of fraud. Just start using the new name you like, good to go. I'm looking at either Constantine Elizonda Von Queensbury Cordoba of Webley-Fromage on Saint Ghee-Johnson. Or CFIT.

Hell, I thought my name was Dammit all the way through Jr High. Every sentence began with Dammit when she spoke to me.

I ran a background check for a job and it had "Dammit" as an AKA on my record.

I still answer to it when my wife is ****ed too.

My ex's daughter went to school with a set of twin girls whose names were,

Lemonjello
Orangejello

Pronounced as. Lem-ann-gel-o. And ore-ann-gel-o

You cannot make this stuff up I'm afraid.

Best I have ever heard of is prounced Shee-thead, spelled Sh**head.

I've heard of this one, the lady (or at least she thought she was a lady) pronounced her son's name "sh-teed", spelled as you suggest.
And her daughter was named "La-a". When inquired about pronunciation, she scalds everyone "it pronounced lahk it sound, Ladasha, you fooo!" :D
Seriously, can't make this stuff up.

There was a hockey player named Satan. I suspect it doesn't mean the same thing in Slovakia as it does here.

My ex's daughter went to school with a set of twin girls whose names were,

Lemonjello
Orangejello

Pronounced as. Lem-ann-gel-o. And ore-ann-gel-o

You cannot make this stuff up I'm afraid.

Their parents belong in an asylum.

No she didn't.

Yes, you (or your ex/ex's daughter) can.

Orangejello and Lemonjello are in the list of the usual "unusual name" urban legends.

http://www.snopes.com/racial/language/names.asp
You should spend more time in New Orleans if you don't believe that. When you go to a school function and read the name tags it is quite a treat, we thought it was a joke at first but no it isn't. Some people have no care for how their children will be viewed later in life simply over their name.

If you were going through job applications and came across lemonjello, would you ever bother to give it a second glance let alone call them in for an interview?

There was a hockey player named Satan. I suspect it doesn't mean the same thing in Slovakia as it does here.
There is also a Clayton Stoner who played for the Minnesota Wild, the jersey was a big seller for all the wrong reasons. Even heard one guy got thrown off a golf course for wearing one, they thought it was a political statement rather than an actual name.

You should spend more time in New Orleans if you don't believe that. When you go to a school function and read the name tags it is quite a treat, we thought it was a joke at first but no it isn't. Some people have no care for how their children will be viewed later in life simply over their name.

If you were going through job applications and came across lemonjello, would you ever bother to give it a second glance let alone call them in for an interview?

Something tells me that a person with a name like this probably won't have a resume...

I was shopping at a local grocery store about 5 years ago and a mom called out to her 3 boys:

Joey!
Chandler!
Ross!

Not kidding.

Hey now....Bill Lear named his daughter ”Shanda”.

At least it wasn't ”Crystal Shanda”!!!!

Oh man, don't get me started. Some of these names down here in 'Bama. Enough said.

Velveeta. Went to Jr. High and HS with her. Daddy a stoner, mom a moron.

Backstory on mom, who was a history prof; I had her for 20th century world history after my first USAF tour. She skipped the wars, because she "didn't believe in them".

I told her I was certain at least one of them was real, since I had attended it. Her response was the usual incoherent lefty babble.

I used to work with John Patrick Doe and Crystal Ball. She had a couple of sisters, Charity and Candy.

What about Wolf Blitzer and Dick Trickle?

We saw that news article years ago and it's become an inside joke at our house that has never gone away.

"I'm renaming the dog, honey..."

"Oh look, there goes Shi-Teed..." (At the mall or whatever. Usually in reference to driving or parking skills...)

Etc.

I currently work with a co-worker who's last name is "Nightwalker" and her first name makes it sound like she's in the world's oldest profession. I'd have been changing that one...

What about Wolf Blitzer and Dick Trickle?

Wolf, I wish would retire or just go away. What a boring monotone voice for a news anchor.

Now Dick Trickle, there was a character. Actually used to light up during cautions. Had some sad personal problems there at the end of his life. The man won like a million short track races primarily in the Midwest. Hilarious man.

I have a woodworking business on the side. In addition to furniture, I make a lot of military shadow boxes and related items. I once made a shadowbox and a flag case for Eric Lendshishorse.

I like woodworking too. I still get wood in the morning too. :eek::D

You have a web site for your woodworking business? Really, I do woodworking too.

I used to up until a few months ago: Yestertimewoodworks.com (antique reproductions if you're trying to figure out the name) but since I've started flying I don't do so much. Too hot anyway so this winter I plan to start up again soon. It paid for my rather pricey annual.

Directory at a friend's work had the following employee name:
Dick Donker
from an East Texas phone book c. early 90's:
Heywood Jablome

I saw both of them in print. The latter I am sure is a made up name, and a person with that name doesn't actually exist, as "They" have appeared in numerous newspaper articles over the years.

Back in the 80's, I worked at an A/E firm in Springffield, MO. Right across the street was a dentists' office. The sign read:

Dick Moist, DDS
Dick Moist Jr. DDS

Of course, if you looked in the phone book it was "Moist, Dick."

I mean, if you're a male stripper, sure...but a dentist?

But they finally wished up. I checked my latest version of the Springfield phone book, circa 2008, and they now go by "Richard."

Back