The world's newest Instrument rated pilot...

PaulS

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
PaulS
The weather stars aligned for the amount of time I needed to squeeze in my IR check ride today and I passed the test. It was a pretty thorough vetting, but worth it. It's a little depressing that I walked out of there with only a piece of paper after all the work put into it, but what the paper says is worth it to me and to those who know what it takes to get it.

Congrats!! Twelve or so hours into mine. Both dreading and eagerly waiting for checkride day.

Congrats!! Twelve or so hours into mine. Both dreading and eagerly waiting for checkride day.

My only advice is to stick with it, you'll be glad you did. The anticipation of the check ride was more nerve racking than the ride itself, but I was nervous.

My only advice is to stick with it, you'll be glad you did. The anticipation of the check ride was more nerve racking than the ride itself, but I was nervous.

I will definitely stick to it. I shot a GPS approach yesterday with a safety pilot, you know, with no one nagging you in your ear how you're screwing up, and did quite well so that alleviated some unease. I should also get more actual time, this evening.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the accomplishment, Paul.

Just remember: don't fly like Jerry.

Congratulations! Well done!

Congratulations on the accomplishment, Paul.

Just remember: don't fly like Jerry.

Thanks Mark,

I think Jerry would be very good with some remedial instruction. But don't worry, I have no problem asking for help if things get scary and I know what scary looks like from watching Jerry.

Congrats! I'm still working on mine, but the stars just won't align for me yet. Six months in and I'm on my third instructor and my last 5 flights have been canceled due to icing. It will only make it that much nicer when I'm finally done.

Congrats!

Yeah that.

The weather stars aligned for the amount of time I needed to squeeze in my IR check ride today and I passed the test. It was a pretty thorough vetting, but worth it. It's a little depressing that I walked out of there with only a piece of paper after all the work put into it, but what the paper says is worth it to me and to those who know what it takes to get it.

Way to go. Welcome to the goo.

Congrats. What that piece of paper now allows you to do is where the value lies.

Back