The world will end shortly…

Looks good! I personally would go with the smaller ecoboost, but nothing wrong with the coyote V8!

Very nice and congratulations! I like the color.

Nice truck! Congrats on, like, actually getting it.

For how long was it on order? These have surely been strange times!

as an aside, I had been waiting almost 2 years for a particular network router to get back in stock (it finally made it into inventory last week)

supply chain problems.... sigh

Nice truck. Ford makes good vehicles.

But how long is a "long" bed? I'm still trying to come to terms with a long bed that isn't 8 ft long.

Te
Nice truck! Congrats on, like, actually getting it.

For how long was it on order? These have surely been strange times!
Thank you, my first new truck ever. It took Almost exactly Two months. I am being told that ordering new is the way things will be in the future. Which is actually the old way of doing it because I remember my parents ordering a new vehicle at the dealership after driving a demonstrator.
Now I am accessorizing.

Last edited:
Nice truck. Ford makes good vehicles.

But how long is a "long" bed? I'm still trying to come to terms with a long bed that isn't 8 ft long.
This one is 6 1/2 foot. Which is typically a non-stocked bed length. Ford doesn’t offer an 8 foot in the super crew configuration In the F150. I think Ford does have an 8 foot bed, super crew, in the F250 which makes for a really really long truck.

I have a 1988 Chevy k2500 that I will keep until I die because it has a true long bed. It's not a daily driver, just drive it a few times a month, when I need to do long bed things.

This one is 6 1/2 foot. Which is typically a non-stocked bed length. Ford doesn’t offer an 8 foot in the super crew configuration In the F150. I think Ford does have an 8 foot bed, super crew, in the F250 which makes for a really really long truck.
The 6.5' bed is 8' with the tailgate down and many have the folding "bed extender" that effectively gives you the 8' bed when you need it.

So does Ford still give each buyer of a F-150 two matching dresses.?? :lol: :lol:

My GMC doesn't have a 8 foot bed, but I do have a trailer for when I need a longer bed. Agreed, I do have to plan ahead if I am carrying anything much longer than 8 feet. No spontaneous pick up and go with long loads.

The 6.5' bed is 8' with the tailgate down and many have the folding "bed extender" that effectively gives you the 8' bed when you need it.
This model has tie downs on the side of the tail gate for just such a purpose.

Nice. I'm a *biiiig* fan of the F150 Tremor. It's got 98% of the goodies of the raptor but minus the douche vibe.

I've put so much money and mods into my Ranger that it better last me another 10+ years :).

Joe's truck had an 8 foot bed...

So, if that's the kind of truck math we're doing nowadays, I guess that technically makes the ol' k2500 a 9.5' bed. If I got one those extender thingies.

So, if that's the kind of truck math we're doing nowadays, I guess that technically makes the ol' k2500 a 9.5' bed. If I got one those extender thingies.
Lol well the overall length of a crew cab 6.5' bed truck is about the same as the extended cab 8' bed, so there's a bit of compromise on the nomenclature to keep the overall vehicle length in check.

Nice truck, and I like that engine. It can get you a speeding ticket in just about any state, even with a fairly large trailer behind it. I have driven many thousand miles with a less powerful version of Ford's 5 liter, and found it quite adequate.

The four door truck with a 6 1/2 bed is plenty long enough for driving in parking lots.

My son has one. It is the same length as my cab and a half with 8 foot bed, and I often wish I did not have those extra feet.

Carrying my grandchildren, the compact rear seat is great "), but for regular driving and hauling, I miss my old standard cab, 8 foot bed Pick Up. That is more than 95% of my driving.

Nice truck!!
I have been driving 4 door crew cab 8' bed pickups everyday since 1993, 2-3500 and now the last 10 years a crew cab F 250 8' bed. I got to have a 8' bed. As you can imagine I am used to a large truck for everyday driving. I drive it for work and live 2 miles from work so the ****ty gas mileage is not so painful. The long wheelbase makes for more stability. 6.2 gas engine. I don't tow enough to justify the diesel engine and it don't stink!

I am starting to notice some, how do I say it? Some discrimination because I drive a large truck.
On the plus side...
It helps keep some of the traffic around me away from me, much more so then when I drive my wife's smaller SUV.

To be fair the reason I need the 8' bed is because I have a fuel tank in the bed of the truck effectively making it a 6.5' bed. It is nice to have your own "tanker" truck.

BTW the F250 has been flawless the last 10 years and 109K miles. Has never broken down. I did put a front wheel bearing in it recently. Might have something to do with the snow plow I use. Before that it was 20 years of Chevys which are good trucks also, IMO.
Enjoy your new Ford!
IMG_2610.JPG

Last edited:
Nice truck!!
I have been driving 4 door crew cab 8' bed pickups everyday since 1993, 2-3500 and now the last 10 years a crew cab F 250 8' bed. I got to have a 8' bed. As you can imagine I am used to a large truck for everyday driving. I drive it for work and live 2 miles from work so the ****ty gas mileage is not so painful. The long wheelbase makes for more stability. 6.2 gas engine. I don't tow enough to justify the diesel engine and it don't stink!

I am starting to notice some, how do I say it? Some discrimination because I drive a large truck.
On the plus side...
It helps keep some of the traffic around me away from me, much more so then when I drive my wife's smaller SUV.

To be fair the reason I need the 8' bed is because I have a fuel tank in the bed of the truck effectively making it a 6.5' bed. It is nice to have your own "tanker" truck.

BTW the F250 has been flawless the last 10 years and 109K miles. Has never broken down. I did put a front wheel bearing in it recently. Might have something to do with the snow plow I use. Before that it was 20 years of Chevys which are good trucks also, IMO.
Enjoy your new Ford!
IMG_2610.JPG
Yes, one of my primary motivations for the longer bed is that I also keep a fuel tank in the back that I use to haul around avgas because my home drone is often two dollars a gallon more than other nearby airports. My old truck was a super cab with the 6 1/2 foot bed and I didn’t want to give up that functionality. But I needed room for the two dogs on longer trips. I figure it saves me over $2000 a year.
Where did you get the stealth truck parked in front of the Ford?

When I still had my mega cab Ram, there was a company doing long bed (8’) conversions…I can’t imagine trying to park one. The mega with the OE bed was bad enough.

Yes, one of my primary motivations for the longer bed is that I also keep a fuel tank in the back that I use to haul around avgas because my home drone is often two dollars a gallon more than other nearby airports. My old truck was a super cab with the 6 1/2 foot bed and I didn’t want to give up that functionality. But I needed room for the two dogs on longer trips. I figure it saves me over $2000 a year.
Where did you get the stealth truck parked in front of the Ford?
I have done the same thing with my fuel tank, sometimes I use it for 100LL. Couple years ago when 100LL was going up in price I filled it with avgas to try to protect from higher prices.

Originally 25-30 years ago(I have had it in all 3 trucks) I used it to try protect myself from octane fraud out on the highways pulling race car trailers. More than once did we stop to fill up with premium gas and get something less. I know because I had to listen to my motor ping from lower grade gas for 200-300 miles. They assume you are not going to turn around while traveling to come back and complain about the terrible gas they sold me for premium. So I can at least leave my shop with good gas and hopefully not have to buy any out on the road. Be sure to pee before getting in my truck on a road trip!! lol

Now I mostly keep ethanol free 90 octane gas in it for my lawnmowers and classic cars.

The red FL112 is a toterhome that I used to pull race car trailers in the years after the duallys. I used it at Oshkosh last week as it is self contained just like reg motorhomes with a 8K diesel generator. It has a Cat C12 505hp engine that makes it nice to drive. NRC Conversions built it on a freightliner RV chassis, they are near Elkhart Ind.

Last edited:
More than once did we stop to fill with premium gas and get something less because I had to listen to my motor ping from lower grade gas.

And I am sure that you never put a little race gas in the tank to make the ping go away... :smilewinkgrin:

I sold race gas to the alky burners.

They were buying it for a friends drag car... :smilewinkgrin:

Great looking truck! I recently bought his little brother ...

Frontier.jpg

Te

Thank you, my first new truck ever. It took Almost exactly Two months. I am being told that ordering new is the way things will be in the future. Which is actually the old way of doing it because I remember my parents ordering a new vehicle at the dealership after driving a demonstrator.
Now I am accessorizing.

I think you made the right decision. The late model used thing isn't really working now, and it may be a number of years before it does. I bought both of my daughters late model used cars, and I figured that I saved about $3000 over buying used, assuming that they drive those cars until they're 10 years old. The longer you keep the vehicle, the less you save by buying used.

Back in November 2001, I ordered a new Focus because I wanted a manual transmission and a sunroof, it also took two months, which surprised the dealer, he thought it would take longer. On the other end of the extreme, that Porsche I ordered in February of 2022 finished production last Tuesday. Assuming I will get it in early-mid September, it will have been 19 months.

Back