The Ted Race Team: Because Racecar

Discussion in 'Hangar Talk' started by Ted, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Matthew

Matthew Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Matthew
    Going to start one of those NY bonfires?

We had to go through one of those purges, too, under similar circumstances. I used the local Shred-It. It was pretty simple, saved a lot of time, and didn't cost TOO much. They have a minimum charge, and that included up to 6 of those computer paper sized boxes.

2. GaryM

GaryM Pre-takeoff checklist

Display Name:

Display name:
    Gary M
    My hometown recycling center offers secure shredding; when my parents moved out of the house, I hauled boxes of paperwork there, paid $10, and deposited it in a locked bin. Everyone go their own locked bin, where things stayed until the shredding truck came to town.

Unfortunately, nothing like that is available where I now live, and I seem to burn out shredders every few years, so I now rely on the fire pit.

3. Ted

Ted The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted

Display Name:

Display name:
    iFlyNothing
    I bought an Amazon Basics 24-page cross-cut shredder and the building gave me a bunch of very large bags to fill, like 55 gallon drum sized bags. I lost count of how many I filled, but I think it was 6. In the end it was a lot easier than having to take paper anywhere (remember, this is Manhattan and I have no car here). Since I had to look through things to make sure I didn't miss anything, I basically just shredded as I went.

But now I'm done. I've hit a mental wall. And I'm going home.

4. Everskyward

Everskyward Experimenter

Display Name:

Display name:
    Everskyward
    Your mom let you shred paper? I had to wait until mine was no longer living in her home to start shredding.

5. Matthew

Matthew Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Matthew
    Then you should throw yourself a ticker tape parade.

Yeah, dealing with that sort of situation is exhausting, mentally and physically. Been there, and probably will be again...more than once.

6. Ted

Ted The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted

Display Name:

Display name:
    iFlyNothing
    Yes, fortunately now that we've had "the talk" about the situation, she's been surprisingly good about letting me handle things as I see fit. I'm rather shocked, but I'll take it.

Zeldman, Bill and Everskyward like this.
  7. flyingron

flyingron Touchdown! Greaser! PoA Supporter

Display Name:

Display name:
    FlyingRon
    All the Saturday night NASCAR bullrings don't allow antifreeze either. In fact, in the later years I worked at ODS, we had the cars direct the radiator overflow up on to the windshield so the driver would know right away he's leaking.