The second happiest day???

FastEddieB

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fast Eddie B
Moving into a newly built hangar at Copperhill Airport in SE TN about 8 years ago was a happy day.

Moving out yesterday was happy as well...

46003352715_329f3eca1e.jpg

It was a BIG job over the last two months, moving out all sorts of plane and household and mechanical stuff that had accumulated over the years. Sold some stuff on eBay, gave other stuff away or donated it. A chance for “cleansing”, as it were.

The little Sky Arrow is now safely esconced at our new “pole barn” home in Lenoir City...

46003341455_480fa477ae.jpg

Had not originally planned to give up the Copperhill hangar, but it made little sense to continue paying $250/month plus utilities with the Sky Arrow likely to spend so little time there. When I am in N GA with the plane I can just tie down, or get into the community hangar for $20/night. A new renter is all ready to move in on the first.

Another page turned...

That's the hangar where I first met you, Eddie! I hadn't started training yet, and asked you a bunch of questions about being a pilot. You preflighted, and took me up in the Sky Arrow. Thanks for the introduction to flying.

Flew into Copperhill in the Lancair several years back to meet with Greg about my EFIS that had a nasty habit of going TU at the least opportune moments.

Overflew Copperhill on our way to GMU in ‘17, looked like a nice place. Best of wishes on your new chapter, Eddie.

Flew into Copperhill in the Lancair several years back to meet with Greg about my EFIS that had a nasty habit of going TU at the least opportune moments.

Blue Mountain? If so, Greg was quite a character!

Greg Richter was the reason I flew in there. He helped me out with a couple of adjustments on my BMA EFIS and autopilot. I know there's a bunch of people that had issues with him, especially after he ceased operations, but I always liked him.

I spent some time with him, flying him to an airport west of us to help troubleshoot a jet-engined something he was involved with.

32286560140_626633f9f0.jpg

He asked me to give him instrument instruction in it but I politely declined.

Seemed nice enough, but I recall being regaled with various conspiracy theories. Like I said, a character.

That's the hangar where I first met you, Eddie! I hadn't started training yet, and asked you a bunch of questions about being a pilot. You preflighted, and took me up in the Sky Arrow. Thanks for the introduction to flying.

Same here. He should have got us hooked on cocaine instead. It would be cheaper, and an easier habit to break. :lol:

Congrats, Eddie!

I spent some time with him, flying him to an airport west of us to help troubleshoot a jet-engined something he was involved with.

32286560140_626633f9f0.jpg

He asked me to give him instrument instruction in it but I politely declined.

Seemed nice enough, but I recall being regaled with various conspiracy theories. Like I said, a character.

Looks like his CozyJet.

Fixed the link ;)

Thanks! Any idea what went wrong? I copied and pasted between “url” tags, saw they were extraneous, and removed them.

As an aside, this is the best forum software I’ve encountered. Still, sometimes it seems overly helpful in anticipating what I’m trying to do.

Thanks! Any idea what went wrong? I copied and pasted between “url” tags, saw they were extraneous, and removed them.

As an aside, this is the best forum software I’ve encountered. Still, sometimes it seems overly helpful in anticipating what I’m trying to do.

I copied the link and pasted it in the address bar. When I did that, it had {URL} in the middle of the link. I have no idea how such a thing would happen.

Back