The ride, appproaches

Bill

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
This page intentionally left blank
For those who enjoyed following along on my flight test, these are the approaches I shot on the checkride.

Bill Jennings said:
For those who enjoyed following along on my flight test, these are the approaches I shot on the checkride.

For God's sake be careful up there, there's a Choo Choo on the VOR APP !!

Dave Krall CFII said:
For God's sake be careful up there, there's a Choo Choo on the VOR APP !!

*snork*

What I really need to try sometime is come down and shot some approached into PDK during rush hour...

Bill Jennings said:

Bill,
Did you fly the arc ? If so, did you have DME ? Great job. I wish I was up there with you.

Bill Jennings said:
*snork*

What I really need to try sometime is come down and shot some approached into PDK during rush hour...
Nah, you've already got the "keep your speed up" part down :D. The rest would just be flying a bunch of vectors.

Come a little further to 9A1 and say hi. All the flight schools at PDK do. (and we've got a NDB if you really enjoy those things.)

Lance F said:
Come a little further to 9A1 and say hi. All the flight schools at PDK do. (and we've got a NDB if you really enjoy those things.)

After the holidays, I'll drop you a line...sounds like fun.

jdwatson said:
Bill,
Did you fly the arc ? If so, did you have DME ? Great job. I wish I was up there with you.

Yes, we did the arc, and yes, we have DME. I like the little Skyhawk, nothing fancy in this one, but solid "traditional" IFR equipment.

When I can get my hands on it and the II, I'm going to go up in the Archer III and learn GPS approaches and autopilot coupled approaches. (It has 430's and an S-Tec 55x) Nice "new" IFR equipment.

Last edited:
Coupled approaches are good... I presume that your "little hawk" didn't have a coupled autopilot so you didn't have to fly one for your checkride. I did my IR checkride 2 days before that became a part of the standard.

jdwatson said:
I presume that your "little hawk" didn't have a coupled autopilot so you didn't have to fly one for your checkride.

Right, I could choose coupled approaches and GPS or ADF. I chose ADF approaches, go figure!

Back