The region below the South Atlantic

How do you pronounce Caribbean?

• Total voters
I actually flip flop between the two randomly. No idea why. Voted for jerk chicken because it's lunchtime and I'm trapped on a zoom call and that sounds freakin good.

I dunno, but I wanna open a gluten-free vegan bakery called the Carob Bean Queen.

British,Dutch, or Spanish island when settled., really does make a difference if you spent any time there…but Carrib-ee-yan for me…and I spend quite a bit of time there…in reality no one cares… as long as your Limin, Chilling, One love, or Pura Vida…

I spent my high school years in the Cara-bee-an. The only people that pronounced it ca-rib-bee-an were new arrivals and tourists.

I spent my high school years in the Cara-bee-an. The only people that pronounced it ca-rib-bee-an were new arrivals and tourists.

the only people who say "the 405" or "the 101" or "california" (as opposed to "cali") are californians and we don't really care about that.

Cara B. Ann? Is that a girl or a boat or both?

Cow rib be 'un tasty piece of food.

After spending over 5 years down there I agree with you.

If only they would stop butchering "plantain". We die a bit inside when people say plan-tane. It's plan-tin.

If only they would stop butchering "plantain". We die a bit inside when people say plan-tane. It's plan-tin.

I dunno, I've heard the former from chefs, so I'm gonna go with the experts.

Back