The Redneck Pilot

OkieFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Andrew L.
I've been thinking for awhile about doing a video series geared toward and underserved segment of the pilot community. That segment is the rednecks, hillbillies, and the country folk among us. While I know there are many redneck pilots out there and here on POA, there aren't many videos or vlogs that embrace that culture. This first episode is just a test run intended to familiarize myself with my equipment and work on my rather lacking editing skills, and includes very little entertaining content. The upcoming series will be satirical in nature, and will provide very little, if any, useful information about flying or rural culture. Do not be surprised to see content revolving around guns, guitars, tobacco, beer, liberals, city slickers, etc. If there was a spin zone for flying videos, this would probably be in it, so don't get your panties in a bunch, and just remember that pretty much everything out of my mouth is in jest.

Again, this first vid is just a test, but I thought I'd throw it up here for anyone who wants to watch. No rednecky stuff yet. More to come.

subscribed based on the video thumbnail alone.

Spitcan. Work some 'baca juice in thar with a spit can. You're welcome. :D

you said yankee!!!!!!!!!!! that got me thinking about turning your videos into a drinking game.........every time the Redneck Pilot says 'yankee' I'll do a shot. but then I realized yankee is in your tail number and figured I'd be passed out cold by the time you got wheels up.

Looking forward to more from the redneck pilot! The world of aviation needs a little more exposure from a good ole country boy. I'll send you a camo UGA hat before your first official video! We can put some shine in that thing and see those 470 cubic inches really open up.

The only thing I can say is depart over Lindsey at 5 a.m. keep it at 1,000 ft and max rpm. Nothing personal....much.

I was under the impression that @SixPapaCharlie was making redneck pilot videos. Am I incorrect?

SixPapaCharlie is a wonderful man, but a redneck he is not.

To qualify as a Redneck, one must:
1)Live or have lived for the majority of ones life in the country. FAILED
2)Not be an IT guy. FAILED
3)Not fly or have flown in a Cirrus aircraft except for the purposes of intentionally pulling the chute after yelling "hey watch this" or "hold my beer." FAILED

He gets credit for being from Oklahoma, making his own beer, and buying a Grumman, but the previous shortcomings cannot be overlooked.

Looking forward to more from the redneck pilot! The world of aviation needs a little more exposure from a good ole country boy. I'll send you a camo UGA hat before your first official video! We can put some shine in that thing and see those 470 cubic inches really open up.

I wouldn't want to put you out none. You can keep the Georgia hat.

I did think it was funny that you were sporting a camo UGA hat in your first videos. At basically the same time, I had already started filming Redneck Pilot footage in the camo OU hat.

Last edited:
I've been thinking for awhile about doing a video series geared toward and underserved segment of the pilot community. That segment is the rednecks, hillbillies, and the country folk among us. While I know there are many redneck pilots out there and here on POA, there aren't many videos or vlogs that embrace that culture. This first episode is just a test run intended to familiarize myself with my equipment and work on my rather lacking editing skills, and includes very little entertaining content. The upcoming series will be satirical in nature, and will provide very little, if any, useful information about flying or rural culture. Do not be surprised to see content revolving around guns, guitars, tobacco, beer, liberals, city slickers, etc. If there was a spin zone for flying videos, this would probably be in it, so don't get your panties in a bunch, and just remember that pretty much everything out of my mouth is in jest.

Again, this first vid is just a test, but I thought I'd throw it up here for anyone who wants to watch. No rednecky stuff yet. More to come.

Great audio. Howdja get that 'rumble.' Liked the shots from the tail. Panel dude, panel. We gotta see the panel. And your hands. I get nervous when I can't see the hands of folk wearin Remington stuff. And yer 'wife's headset'??? A Redneck Girl with a wussie azz 'Halo'??? Oh yeah, I be one of them thar 'city slickers,' fire away.

The only thing I can say is depart over Lindsey at 5 a.m. keep it at 1,000 ft and max rpm. Nothing personal....much.
Great audio. Howdja get that 'rumble.' Liked the shots from the tail. Panel dude, panel. We gotta see the panel. And your hands. I get nervous when I can't see the hands of folk wearin Remington stuff. And yer 'wife's headset'??? A Redneck Girl with a wussie azz 'Halo'??? Oh yeah, I be one of them thar 'city slickers,' fire away.

The rumble wasn't really intentional. The lav mic in the ear cups picked it up. The O-470 is a beast that will not be silenced. Plus I put glass packs on it.
Panel? Who wants to see 56 year old steam gauges?
Ahem, I wear the Halo. My wife's is a free second hand Telex from the 90s, and she's from smack in the middle of Tulsa. She's been with me for 15 years, and I don't think I'll ever get her converted to redneck.

I don't think I'll ever get her converted to redneck.
Don’t give up yet, it can still happen. Maybe not full on redneck, but definitely a close approximation. My wife is from Jersey, and I recently came home to see her working outside (shoveling poop) in muck boots and one of my surplus field jackets. I claimed that as a symbol of victory......but it wasn’t an easy road.

An 8 oz. Redline Xtreme Blue Razz makes a perfect spittoon. Fits in the palm, twist the cap off n on with just a thumb and a finger.

I like where your head's at. Problem is, a redneck would never drink something called Xtreme Blue Razz. Sounds like some kind of yuppie drink. Do you drink Zima with jolly ranchers too?

I like where your head's at. Problem is, a redneck would never drink something called Xtreme Blue Razz. Sounds like some kind of yuppie drink. Do you drink Zima with jolly ranchers too?
.....and remember, Wup-Ass only comes in a can, not a bottle.

Ya don't drink it. That stuff is evil. You dump it out and watch it eat holes in the asphalt. You buy it because it is the perfect portable spitoon.

Dayum, sho is flat there!

1395_130x130_Front_Color-HeatherGrey.jpg

3)Not fly or have flown in a Cirrus aircraft except for the purposes of intentionally pulling the chute after yelling "hey watch this" or "hold my beer." FAILED

If I’m not mistaken, “hold my beer” initiates sterile cockpit procedure for any critical phase of redneck flight...

You old grouch. You oughtta know that an O-470 and a prop turning 2650 at 1000 agl is no match for the Detroit diesel swab rigs and workovers that drive through here every morning. Them 2-strokes is LOUD!

Reactions: Ted
Subscribed.

Er actually I subscribed like 6 months ago but still.
The old lavalier in the ear cup works well doesn't it?

The "runup music" was unexpected and funny man!
"For better or worse. Probably Worse"! :)

Ear cup.. hahahahhaa.. @SixPapaCharlie is so damn funny.

There are no cups on the QT Halos that OP was sporting.

I know... I can you hear you haters now... telling me to stick it my ear.

I was under the impression that @SixPapaCharlie was making redneck pilot videos. Am I incorrect?

Nobody who flies a plastic airplane in his videos can ever claim to be a redneck.

Friend of mine in Nocona, TX, who's about as redneck as a Texan can get (which still leaves them somewhat short of Oklahoma) is one of the people behind this organization.
https://www.redneckswithpaychecks.com
Short hop from Dallas for 6PC. Might help start him back on the right path. ;)
Recommend he doesn't take the Cirrus.

Ear cup.. hahahahhaa.. @SixPapaCharlie is so damn funny.

There are no cups on the QT Halos that OP was sporting.

I know... I can you hear you haters now... telling me to stick it my ear.

I think it was in Okieflyer's wife's headset earcup...sitting on the RH seat.

Andrew, as a somewhat red neck convert (I’ll never achieve full status as I spent the first 20 years of my life in New York City - born and raised), is looking forward to your videos which I’m sure will be humorous, informative, and instructional.

Now let me get back out to fixing my tractor. Which one, you ask? Well 2 of them need fixin’, ain’t gonna fix themselves.

Don’t give up yet, it can still happen. Maybe not full on redneck, but definitely a close approximation. My wife is from Jersey, and I recently came home to see her working outside (shoveling poop) in muck boots and one of my surplus field jackets. I claimed that as a symbol of victory......but it wasn’t an easy road.
What?! She is about this close to being kicked out of the Housewives of New Jersey Union. We’ll allow the shoveling of poop, but if you tell me that she pumps her own gas, I’m starting a letter writing campaign.

Definitely NOT redneck music in the interludes! C’mon, man, lay down some Hank or Willie in those gaps! :)
Nicely done!

Definitely NOT redneck music in the interludes! C’mon, man, lay down some Hank or Willie in those gaps! :)
Nicely done!

Hell he has a couple good uns right thar in OK, Toby Keith & Blake Shelton for starters.

Andrew, as a somewhat red neck convert (I’ll never achieve full status as I spent the first 20 years of my life in New York City - born and raised), is looking forward to your videos which I’m sure will be humorous, informative, and instructional.

Now let me get back out to fixing my tractor. Which one, you ask? Well 2 of them need fixin’, ain’t gonna fix themselves.

Reactions: Ted

Now just to be clear... are you actually fixing a tractor, or just fixin’ to fix a tractor?

So do y'all really not say fixing to do something?

Chew tobacca, chew tobacca, chew tobacca spit. I knew you were Blake Shelton

Back