The reason eludes me...

Tell me this was on purpose.
I used the correct form in an email to my boss not too long ago and he replied, admitting that when he read what I wrote, he looked it up online to hopefully catch me in a slip up. He had always heard it as intensive purposes. We had a good laugh over it.

That dude with the quotation issue would drive me nuts too. :confused:

That used to be the norm, and I still do it, but that's no longer what is recommended and hasn't been for quite a while.

A couple of excerpts:

"Unless you are typing on an actual typewriter, you no longer have to put two spaces after a period. Or a question mark. Or an exclamation point. The rule applies to all end punctuation."

And

”nothing says "I'm over 40" like two spaces after a period!"

Don’t care. Not in the slightest. And I am over 40. Software can do what it wants with it.

That used to be the norm, and I still do it, but that's no longer what is recommended and hasn't been for quite a while.

A couple of excerpts:

"Unless you are typing on an actual typewriter, you no longer have to put two spaces after a period. Or a question mark. Or an exclamation point. The rule applies to all end punctuation."

And

”nothing says "I'm over 40" like two spaces after a period!"
Two spaces is scientifically proven to be correct.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...wrong-2/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b6ee22df538c

Is this # called a pound sign, number sign, or hashtag? I had never heard it called the latter until all the twits called it that.

It always used to be called “pound”. But after #metoo you can’t call it that anymore...

Back