The real 5-11 Update

The Old Man

Line Up and Wait
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
The Old Man
It has been the absolute worst week so far. And it started out so good. After the chemo on the 2nd, things were all looking up. My appetite was getting even better and my weight was climbing.
It was so good, I had no trouble ignoring the declining SPO2 number. Friday night, the weight was 138.0, but getting over 95% was iffy.
Saturday, I felt like the chemo fect was kicking in abd wa increasingly short of breath.SPO 91-95 at the best.
Sunday was more shortness of breath with much coughing. When I could cough up a wad of phlegm, I could get SPO up to 95-95. but the genrral feeling was rotten.
Call pneumanologist Monday.From the CT on 4/24, He dcides to drain some fluid off the left lung, so off to outpatient surgery. That int no fun, nd the rest of Monday, The situation seems to go further south.
Check into the hospital Tuesday morning and get the dagnosis; Pneumonia. This is the signature of this cancer. Pneumonia, again and again until one of them kills you.
We got this one stoppped, and I came back home this morning. I'm still short of breath, but spo is 95-98.
Fridays 138 Was 130 on Monday. When I got home today, I am at 134.3, so that is the nw starting point.

It sounds like you are on your way to beating this back. I know there are ups and downs, good days bad days as I have been through this with a couple of family members.

Please keep posting! I am very interested in your progress.
Lynn

I know this is a real beeahch Bo. As Lynn said there will be ups and downs. Hang in there and try to keep the spirits up. Perhaps the red head will take you out to the airport to watch some planes. That always puts me in a better place mentally. I'm hoping the chemo is doing to the cancer 100 times what its doing to you. Hang in there old man:yes: Less turbulent skies are ahead.

Bo, I don't know squat about medicine or any of the stuff you're dealing with on that side of the equation. I know for certain, however, that many of those who have beat the diseases have later said that the only thing they could control was their attitude and desire to get better, and they consider that aspect to be a critical part of their recovery.

The events of the past week don't sound like the most fun a guy could have, but I'm hoping things will improve and that you can finish strong and win the battle.

Mary and I are keeping you both in our thoughts and prayers. As you said, It's a new starting point, battle on my friend, I know you're looking forward to the break from the treatments. Just bumps in the road to beating this...we're keeping positive mojo headed your way!

A good outlook and attitude will give your immune system a needed boost to deal with these maladies. And I still say eat all the yummies you can stomach.

I spoke to Sandra this afternoon and have an update.

Bo is back in the hospital so that has been the reason for no recent postings. Chemo has been suspended and he is battling, as I'm sure he would say like eating a pizza one bite at a time, so he battles one day at a time. I passed along all the well wishes and concerns from POA and I ask that each and everyone of us please keep Bo and Sandra in our thoughts and prayers.

I told Sandra I wish I was there to give her a hug and I wanted to let her know that Mary and I love them both very much. I only wish I could do more, be more of a help or offer more support.

Gary:

Thank you for that. Bo has been uncharacteristically quiet, and that was unnerving.

---

Let us all pray for Bo- trust me on this: those of you who have not met him in person, wish you had. And, you'll enjoy it when you do.

Spike

Gary:

Thank you for that. Bo has been uncharacteristically quiet, and that was unnerving.

---

Let us all pray for Bo- trust me on this: those of you who have not met him in person, wish you had. And, you'll enjoy it when you do.

Spike

+100B.

Back