The Press Really Did It This Time

I have a hard time with the media, regardless of the source. Anytime they report on something I know about, they screw up the facts. No credibility with me.

To paraphrase Mark Twain: if you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, and if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.

KHON TV is reporting it as: "single-engine Cessna 182H with the tail number N2007X".

The FAA apparently got it wrong initially. If you look at the article that FOX links to, they already have a correction. This is the problem when your news outlet relies on reading other news outlets for their information.

Interesting paint job:
1750245.jpg

http://khon2.com/2016/05/23/small-plane-crashes-in-hanapepe-kauai/

the plane was just a couple of minutes into its flight after taking off when “all of a sudden, the engine just knocked off. They was trying to turn back in, but the thing went straight down. When it was going straight down, the flames came out of the engine.”

Hmmm...possibly an engine fire in flight coupled with an attempt to impossibly turn led to a distracted pilot stalling?

Could also be way out of W&B. Absent some thurst from the engine, it may not have been able to hold the nose up. The forward limit moves aft quickly once you start putting more than two bodies in the plane.

If you really want to get your blood pressure up, read the comments. It's amazing how many people think our freedoms should be banned. Comments saying they were risking other people's lives in a "home made" plane, or saying we shouldn't be allowed to skydive anyway. One guy mentions if it had been 5 killed by a gun it would be national news, but a skydiving accident doesn't get the same attention. Really? Someone murdering 5 people with a gun would get more attention than five people who knew the risk they were taking? Amazing!

I really think I'm going to start protesting church vans... how dare they kill innocent children and put the rest of us at risk?

I have a hard time with the media, regardless of the source. Anytime they report on something I know about, they screw up the facts. No credibility with me.
before i retired one of my duties was PIO...public information officer. despite handing out data fact sheets about the organization the local press never managed to get those facts right.

If you really want to get your blood pressure up, read the comments. It's amazing how many people think our freedoms should be banned.

Those are quite often people with no freedoms, who are jealous they made poor life choices. It's really easy to fall into the "ban all the things!" crowd when your life consists of nothing of lasting value or interest.

Then we get the "awareness" campaigns for crap that happens to everyone and has been happening for generations... Because apparently nobody noticed these things happening before? LOL

Back