The only thing wrong with this week...

I sure wish our company had sabbaticals. I think it's a great 7-year employee retention tool.

Just passed the 4-year mark at my employ last Saturday. Another 3-years, and I could take off on a 10-week flying adventure. Just enough time to save for it, too.

You know you've been out of the office for a while when...

office_prank_05.jpg

My wife just had a great idea... and a use for all that OLD stuff us computer guys seem to collect in the garage/attic/closet and just can't let go of.

Clean out the guy's cube and repopulate it with an old green or amber CRT, a 286, 8" floppy drive, one button mouse, a bunch of old boxed software (rBase, Turbo Pascal 1.0, Visicalc, etc.), an Okidata dot matrix printer, and so forth...

In any good sized I.T. department, it would not be hard to track down a lot of cool legacy items.

Filled with packing peanuts? :D

Nope.

My wife just had a great idea... and a use for all that OLD stuff us computer guys seem to collect in the garage/attic/closet and just can't let go of.

Clean out the guy's cube and repopulate it with an old green or amber CRT, a 286, 8" floppy drive, one button mouse, a bunch of old boxed software (rBase, Turbo Pascal 1.0, Visicalc, etc.), an Okidata dot matrix printer, and so forth...

In any good sized I.T. department, it would not be hard to track down a lot of cool legacy items.

Not a bad idea. Probably could find all that stuff at home. :D

Dang! That sure went quickly. I think you left when I got back from my first vacation?

Back