The Official, "I'M OFFENDED," Thread

A few interesting quotes from that article:

During the 2014–15 school year, for instance, the deans and department chairs at the 10 University of California system schools were presented by administrators at faculty leader-training sessions with examples of microaggressions. The list of offensive statements included: “America is the land of opportunity” and “I believe the most qualified person should get the job.”

In a particularly egregious 2008 case, for instance, Indiana University–Purdue University at Indianapolis found a white student guilty of racial harassment for reading a book titled Notre Dame vs. the Klan. The book honored student opposition to the Ku Klux Klan when it marched on Notre Dame in 1924. Nonetheless, the picture of a Klan rally on the book’s cover offended at least one of the student’s co-workers (he was a janitor as well as a student), and that was enough for a guilty finding by the university’s Affirmative Action Office.

The term microaggression originated in the 1970s and referred to subtle, often unconscious racist affronts. The definition has expanded in recent years to include anything that can be perceived as discriminatory on virtually any basis. For example, in 2013, a student group at UCLA staged a sit-in during a class taught by Val Rust, an education professor. The group read a letter aloud expressing their concerns about the campus’s hostility toward students of color. Although Rust was not explicitly named, the group quite clearly criticized his teaching as microaggressive. In the course of correcting his students’ grammar and spelling, Rust had noted that a student had wrongly capitalized the first letter of the word indigenous. Lowercasing the capital I was an insult to the student and her ideology, the group claimed.

This trend towards being offended by anything and everything is lunacy and does absolutely no good. People need to toughen up. In other words:

Man up, *******!

Feminizing males will result in idiotic outcomes. Just look at Bruce Jenner.
If that doesn't offend someone, I've lost my touch

Last edited:
A few interesting quotes from that article:

This trend towards being offended by anything and everything is lunacy and does absolutely no good. People need to toughen up. In other words:

Man up, *******!

We are truly ****ed. I'm offended that men have been pussified so much that they even use the term "micro aggression."

I'm offended by dimes. They are a useless coin, but that's another story.

Whenever a guy in my presence is acting too soft, I say to my buddies, "Do you guys smell something pink?"

Offended is in the hide of the beholder...

27b1303f596007d7f87831a8f7aef7b8.jpg

“Look at that butt. Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that? The butt of our next president?”

OK, so Carly's butt is her best feature, but she's still the best choice to replace B. Hussein Obama. She's well-informed and doesn't engage in political weasel-speak. :yes:

Weak mushy limp hand shakes offend me.

Don't stick your hand out there like a limp dishrag pajama boy. :lol:

I'm offended by dimes. They are a useless coin, but that's another story.

Whenever a guy in my presence is acting too soft, I say to my buddies, "Do you guys smell something pink?"

:rofl::rofl: for something pink comment.

Disagree on the dime. The penny needs to go away however. I'd rather have a dime in my pocket than two nickels or ten pennies.

:rofl::rofl: for something pink comment.

Disagree on the dime. The penny needs to go away however. I'd rather have a dime in my pocket than two nickels or ten pennies.

Considering that we pay $X.xx9/gallon of gas, I'd argue we need divisions of a penny. What if I wanted to just buy 3 gallons of gas??? You just TAKE the rest of my money? Sounds like a legalized salami attack to me. They do it in retail taxes too.

That's where the American money is. Forget minimum wage, give the consumer back accurate change !

me too, dime bags are so sophomore year of high school. gimme a damn eighth or an ounce or don't even speak to me. I mean do I live in the hood or what?!?!

You probably use full-size freezer bags, no?

David

Pick your level of offensiveness:

A ) Hillary Clinton has a nice butt

B ) Bill Clinton has a nice butt

C ) Barack Obama has a nice butt

D ) Love Donald Trump's tight little hiny.

Oh I'm sorry. That's not Hillary's butt, that's her face.

If you take away anything sexual a gay relationship don't seem bad at all

Considering that we pay $X.xx9/gallon of gas, I'd argue we need divisions of a penny. What if I wanted to just buy 3 gallons of gas??? You just TAKE the rest of my money? Sounds like a legalized salami attack to me. They do it in retail taxes too.

That's where the American money is. Forget minimum wage, give the consumer back accurate change !

Well, the whole 9/10 of a cent thing on gas prices is stupid anyway. That needed to stop a long time ago.

Canada has done away with the penny and it works fine. Yeah, sometimes your get rounded up to the next nickel but then you also get rounded down sometimes. In the long run, it pretty much evens out.

As far as accurate change, the dumb little (insert profanity slur here) at Taco Bell tried to cheat me out of $10 last week. I gave her a 20 for a bill of a little over $6 and she gave me $3 and loose change back. In other words she gave me change for a ten. When I challenged her, she opened her drawer and pulled out a ratty 10 and said that is what I gave her. I pointed to the crisp new 20 that I had just gotten from the ATM and said that is what I gave her. She still argued. Her manager came up and I explained to her the issue. The manager totaled up the drawer and guess what? The manager hands me $10 but doesn't say a word. Neither does the little *%#@. So I asked "Was I right". The manager snaps "YES YOU WERE RIGHT". Wow. No apology. Just attitude.

Yes, I was offended.

Wow. No apology. Just attitude.

Yes, I was offended.

True story. My son and I are going through the McD's drive-through this morning and a big ol' woman wearing a McD uniform walks out, gets in her car and stops next to us in the parking lot. Another guy starts backing up and hits her car, not hard and I can see it - there's no damage. This fatty biatch pulls her car up about 15 ft which is now blocking the drive-through lane, gets out and leaves her door open and waddles over to start berating the guy in the truck. Meanwhile we can't move.

Then when it finally settles down and we're on our way to school we look in the sack. We find our oatmeal. But no spoons.

Last edited:
True story. My son and I are going through the McD's drive-through this morning and a big ol' woman wearing a McD uniform walks out, gets in her car and stops next to us in the parking lot. Another guy starts backing up and hits her car, not hard and I can see it - there's no damage. This fatty biatch pulls her car up about 15 ft which is now blocking the drive-through lane, gets out and leaves her door open and waddles over to start berating the guy in the truck. Meanwhile we can't move.

Then when it finally settles down and we're on our way to school we look in the sack. We find our oatmeal. But no spoons.

I guess one of the reasons fast food workers are fast food workers is that no one else will have them. Well, maybe the TSA.

Back