The OFFICIAL first ever Georgia Pilots Assn Meet and Greet!

tdager

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
LittleIronPilot
OK...I am making a decision! LOL

The first ever GPA meeting for north Georgia will be at KWDR on Saturday, April 14th, 2007. We will do this as a lunch meet and greet, so I imagine people will start to arrive around 11am and leave no later than 2pm depending on the conversation and amount of attendees.

The rain-out date will be Saturday, April 28th.

So mark your calendars Georgia pilots (and anyone else that wants to attend!).

NOTE!!!!!! I changed the date to the 14th due to conflicts with the many school spring breaks in Georgia, Easter Weekend, and Sun-n-Fun at the end of the month!!! So change your plans accordingly, I am sorry for any confusion this may cause but I think it will be better in the long run.

Last edited:
(and anyone else that wants to attend!).

So, you're cool with Tennessee pilots? (Hey, I live 3.2sm from the GA border)

Skyhawk booked, put me down as likely.

Still likely, for the 14th? Is that your final answer?

Last edited:
You betcha Bill! BTW...where is my pic!

Now that it's on the 21st, I'll be in my first class for CFI Ground School. Timing bites! That's at PDK and I doubt I'll have a plane I can zip up there from PDK. We'll see as the time gets closer.

Tom, the 21st is Sun n Fun weekend. I plan to fly down to Lakeland for that. Others may as well. Sorry.

Well crap.....OK, at the risk of seeming like a "waffler", would anyone mind if I change this thing to the 14th? I think that will be satisfactory to most people, it does not interfere with Easter nor Sun-n-Fun.

If I get no major objections to this I will change it to the 14th.

Last edited:
Well crap.....OK, at the risk of seeming like a "waffler", would anyone mind if I change this thing to the 14th? I think that will be satisfactory to most people, it does not interfere with Easter nor Sun-n-Fun.

Tom, are you doing your "John Kerry Impression"? :D

As I said on the "light blue board," the 14th is great for me. :)

I think the 14th is good...

14th looks OK. Thanks for the change.

For anyone that has a business or wants to post something on their bulletin boards at the local FBO, I have created a "press release" for the event.

If you want to make it more flyer style, by all means feel free to do so.

Attachments

• Georgia Pilots Association - Press Release.doc
    52.5 KB · Views: 15
So, you're cool with Tennessee pilots? (Hey, I live 3.2sm from the GA border)

Skyhawk booked, put me down as likely.

Still likely, for the 14th? Is that your final answer?

Well, I consulted the calendar at home, and realized I will be with a large group of motorcyclists strafing corners in the NC mountains that weekend.

Oh well, have fun, y'all!

Due to the forecast weather for tomorrow, we have decided to postpone the event until the 28th of April, 2007.

See you all then!

LOL...I think the weather gods are teasing me. I am sitting in my study, looking out the window, and see clear skies and light wind....but then again I look at the weather channel and wunderground and weatheraviation.gov and see what is coming.

I hated to have to cancel and move the event, but this is for fun and I did not want to see someone push their luck to get there, or almost as bad, a bunch of us get stuck!

Yep, doesn't look bad up here, either. I was gonna go shoot a few approaches but right now the weather is... "too good." It makes no sense when overcast is still up at 7,000. Now, by the time it comes down to a thousand, it may have some junk in it I don't really want to fly in. We'll see! Things could change in... five minutes! :rolleyes:

almost as bad, a bunch of us get stuck!

C'mon, you could have done some BRAINstorming while everyone was stuck! :yes:

Q: What's the easiest way to get people to attend a meeting?
A: Call it a fly-in and get weathered in! :D

Last edited:
LOL..yeah, since we would have been stuck for the night!

And dammit, the weather looks like it would have been good to go too. *arggggh*

It looks great at the moment. Actually, it's dang near perfect to go shoot some approaches in IMC and not worry about icing. But, I'd like to stop in the middle of it all and grab a bite over in Athens. I'm not fond of getting wet outside of the plane. However... things shall change.

FFC is what we have now...

BMX is what is to come... It should be here around 5PM or so.

Perhaps, tomorrow? Nawww....

Sunday
Partly sunny in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Windy...cooler. Highs 48 to 54. West winds 10 to 20 mph increasing to northwest 20 to 30 mph in the afternoon.

Attachments

• FFC_Radar.gif
    FFC_Radar.gif
    96 KB · Views: 2
  • BMX_Radar.gif
    BMX_Radar.gif
    107.9 KB · Views: 3
the worst thing you can do to doom a fly in is make a decision based on a forecast, IME.

the worst thing you can do to doom a fly in is make a decision based on a forecast, IME.

I know...but we were looking down the barrel of some serious weather, not just overcast or other things.

Don't give it a second thought Tom. You made the right call. I was supposed to fly Young Eagles but didn't because of the forcast. It was at FTY and the weather would have been approaching from the north so even though the weather looked ok I was worried about getting stranded and not being able to get the plane back home. I did end up helping a friend ferry an airplane a short distance early in the afternoon and it wasn't great weather.

I, for one, am glad for the reschedule as I was in Texas on Saturday. See ya'll the 28th.

Back