The Million Dollar Question

White truffles would be an option... about as expensive as saffron, but might provide a bit more of a cushioning effect. Fine almas white sturgeon caviar would be another option, although it may have an olfactory presentation somewhat reminiscent of the Victoria's Secret models...

Oh snap. I'd probably get whacked just replying to it.

Fill the pool with AV Gas, and wear a dry suit, including booties, gloves, mask, rubber diving hat, and respirator, to avoid toxic poisoning. Also, smear protective cream on all exposed skin.

And the closest I've ever gotten to diving is snorkeling in the Bahamas and Hawaii.

I had to read that several times before I figured you weren't talking about Budweiser.

Hey, back in the day, Bud and bud on the way to work., The breakfast of champions. Long ago and far away.

Thirty feet—that is, thirty feet from the closest point on your body to the top of the gold—is not a "tuck and roll" altitude, for anyone, any time.
You’re likely to die, or wish you had, even jumping into liquid from 30 feet unless you know what you are doing.

You can fill a pool with anything you want (money, gold coins, anything of high value etc) but you must jump into it from 30 feet and survive, in order to keep what you filled it with. What would you put in the pool?

Does it have to be legal? Which state are we doing this in?

30 foot dive.. lets see. Water. Id want to live thru the experience.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I drunkenly, stupidly, fell off my 3rd story apartment balcony, landed flat on my back in reasonably soft soil. I felt like I was hit by a planet but just bumps and bruises. That was 20 years ago, I'd probably want someone to pull the plug and let me die if it happened today.
Ouch! There is definitely a difference in suffering trauma when we are young vs when we are older.

Did cliff jumping from 40 plus. Wear shoes.

I can't recall how high our jumps were in Navy training, but I do recall the method. As soon as you jump you cross your legs at the ankles and place each hand on your opposite shoulder, crossing your forearms in front of your chest.

It keeps you from 1.) Ripping your boys off, and 2.) Not injecting high speed water up your nostrils.

I can't recall how high our jumps were in Navy training, but I do recall the method. As soon as you jump you cross your legs at the ankles and place each hand on your opposite shoulder, crossing your forearms in front of your chest.

It keeps you from 1.) Ripping your boys off, and 2.) Not injecting high speed water up your nostrils.
Yep, that's what we did. However for a pool full of fluffy saffron, I'd land as flat as I could on my back.

Okay, let's discuss the pool. Is it a "typical" backyard pool? So like, 4-6' deep? Regardless of depth, I would fill it with molten Gold up to 2' from the rim. When it's cooled, I'd fill the remaining 2' with foam, and over it with a trampoline.

(using molten Gold maximizes gold weight, since bars would have air between them and gaps along the contour of the pool)

Okay, let's discuss the pool. Is it a "typical" backyard pool? So like, 4-6' deep? Regardless of depth, I would fill it with molten Gold up to 2' from the rim. When it's cooled, I'd fill the remaining 2' with foam, and over it with a trampoline.

(using molten Gold maximizes gold weight, since bars would have air between them and gaps along the contour of the pool)
Trampoline:

Reminds me of one of the great news stories of all time

Yeah, but then you have to get it out of there afterward. I'll take the air gap losses, I'm not greedy.

OK, got it figured out. Pool filled with super models stacked 30’ high.

Nah, that would be cheating, you can just fill the pool. Ya just stack em horizontally in the pool face up. The silicone will save you

And like me, you panic because you are drowning even though you warned the Company Commander's. :) I think it was 15 feet or so. Not sure.

For me, it would be diamonds, perhaps three feet deep floating in water. With a protective suit, I can survive the drop, and at least I'd be a billionaire for taking the risk...could buy as many Victoria Secret models as I like then, and besides, all those million dollar ideas are just so passe these days.

Back