The Madness begins

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
I love this time of year. #1 seeds losing in conference tournaments, shopping for glass slippers, upsets, buzzer beaters, surrender cobras, and Dickie V. OK, maybe not Dickie V.

Anyone running a bracket?

Haven't looked yet at brackets yet, but nice ending to the Michigan/Indiana game today...

Haven't looked yet at brackets yet, but nice ending to the Michigan/Indiana game today...

There's been a few last second wins/losses. Vandy had a layup waved off to lose. Pitt and Syracuse 1pt game. Duke lost, so that's always a good thing.

Waiting for selection Sunday, LOVE March Madness.

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

The conference tournaments are about as fun as the big dance.

I love this time of year. #1 seeds losing in conference tournaments, shopping for glass slippers, upsets, buzzer beaters, surrender cobras, and Dickie V. OK, maybe not Dickie V.

Anyone running a bracket?
If I could run a bracket on how long it would take to fire our pathetic waste of a head coach, I'd do it...but for the first time in decades, I can't stomach the idea of watching the tourney this year.

Just never got into basketball. Dad loved his brackets and knew all sorts of stuff.

I have no idea in our very sports oriented family (besides all the rabid fans of every sort, one minor leaguer, turned baseball coach with tons of awards, another college football coach, and their dad is a life long coach too, and one former NFL and MLB PT/trainer), how I never did basketball but I don't.

Have fun y'all. I'm following MLB spring training. ;)

Just never got into basketball. Dad loved his brackets and knew all sorts of stuff.

I have no idea in our very sports oriented family (besides all the rabid fans of every sort, one minor leaguer, turned baseball coach with tons of awards, another college football coach, and their dad is a life long coach too, and one former NFL and MLB PT/trainer), how I never did basketball but I don't.

Have fun y'all. I'm following MLB spring training. ;)
Yup.... MLB spring training!!!!
Love love love baseball!!!

Haven't started my bracket picks yet. I work backwards - put my team (Kansas) in as the national champs first, then go back from there. A couple times every 20 years or so that seems to work.

Should be a lot of good games this year, and probably no huge upsets. The field seems pretty tightly packed. Parity nearly hit this season, so there should be a lot of good, competitive games.

I have upsets galore in my bracket. At least until the 16/8. Then I have everything sorting itself out. I pick my brackets the other way. Look at each matchup and work my way towards the end.

I gagged my way through creating a bracket. Hurt, but had to put Fresno State out in the first round, leaving the MWC out of the majority of the tournament.

It was that or ESPN, and I'm boycotting ESPN.

In Denver now, saw alr beat Purdue, thought that was wild. But mtsu just beat sparty in St. Louis, omg, gotta be one of the biggest upsets ever! Ygbfsm! I love march madness.

In Denver now, saw alr beat Purdue, thought that was wild. But mtsu just beat sparty in St. Louis, omg, gotta be one of the biggest upsets ever! Ygbfsm! I love march madness.

Like seriously, holy crap, one of the biggest upsets in history!

I picked the ALR, Hawaii game, but didn't see the that one coming. It's times like this I wish I had more Sparty friends to talk smack to.

Sooooo glad I'm not in a pool for any real money. We're not even done with day 2 and my brackets already look like a 3 year old drew all over it with crayon.

And then the St Joe Cinci game ended on a waived off dunk. Insane first round.

I love seeing the Power 5 conferences taken down systematically.

Shows that money doesn't always drive talent in College Sports. Suck it Power 5. Bad year for the MWC to be down so bad.

If they can hold it together for a full 40 mins Maryland has a shot.

11 of 24 underdogs win? Gotta love the madness...SFA kicked WV ass. Out hustled, out rebounded, that red headed kid with the beard plays smart ball. Who the hell's ever heard of Stephen F Austin College?

And then the St Joe Cinci game ended on a waived off dunk. Insane first round.
Just saw the replay. Close, but not close snough. A lay in might have beaten the clock, but the dunk kept it in contact with his fingers even though it was above the rim on the way down.

An exciting round of Thursday/Friday games led to a boring Saturday round. I hope today's games are better.

For me, boring was good!

A lot of the first round upset winners will play today, so there should be some entertaining games.

I dunno..Yale's 27 pt comeback against Duke was fun to watch...if they had been able to hit a coup!e three's...

And there was some crazy finishes yesterday. Northern Iowa...you are an embarrassment.

Today's the day it gets serious:

2 2-3 games, a 1-5 (this 5 is probably underseeded), and a 1-4.

Today's the day it gets serious:

2 2-3 games, a 1-5 (this 5 is probably underseeded), and a 1-4.

Yeah, if I stay up for the late game it will be ugly at work tomorrow. But Duke Oregon is an interesting matchup. Thus far the PAC 12 has been pretty bad.

The Kansas - Maryland game is the one I'll pay close attention to (KU is my team). The UM coach used to play at KU when I was going to school there, he started about a year before I graduated. Then he was an assistant coach there for a while. He followed another KU assistant, Jerry Green, to Oregon when Green got the head coaching job. If Bill Self retires, Mark Turgeon would probably be on the short list of replacements - but since they are close to the same age, I don't think it's going to happen for him. KU basketball has been around for 118 years and has only had 8 coaches, turnover is pretty rare.

edit:

Pregame trivia: Turgeon played at Kansas 83-87. Self was an assistant coach at Kansas 85-86. So they have that connection. And they played against each other when Self played at Oklahoma State 81-85.

Last edited:
I got that half of the final four correct. Could end up up with 3/4 if Carolina does what it's supposed to do. Unfortunately I had MSU winning it all.

Boomer Sooner! I have faith OU can get to the big game, but they'll likely be up against a very salty NC team. I'd love to get an NC in roundball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back