The "M" word

Anyway I overheard him tell another "M" that he got a flat tire in the middle of nowhere in between Tucson and San Diego and they didn't have cell service in that area. He didn't know how to change a tire. He said, "I bought the car new and I know it is supposed to have a spare and a jack but I didn't know where they were."

My girls are younger than he is and they know how to change a tire. I don't blame the M's entirely but I wonder about their parents.

Millennials aren't the only ones, but collectively they're probably the most messed up. I don't have kids, but people who know me joke about how hard I would be on boys trying to date my girls. Most 'M's wouldn't have a chance.

I had a flat tire in a Honda, at night, a few months back. Hadn't downloaded the manual to my phone, so didn't know the jack points, etc. Eventually figured it out, but.....

Ron Wanttaja

Right? What is it with mechanics who think every nut and bolt needs to be torqued to 300ftlbs?

Had a buddy that crashed with me for a couple months when he was having some issues, and he would put the cap on a 2L coke bottle tighter that I've ever seen. I have a pretty strong grip, and I would nearly tear my skin trying to get that off. So one day, I was like, alright that's enough. Grabbed a pair of channel locks, and just gave that thing a good ratcheting. I start laughing when his face started turning red and his arms shaking from trying to get that cap off.

Had a buddy that crashed with me for a couple months when he was having some issues, and he would put the cap on a 2L coke bottle tighter that I've ever seen. I have a pretty strong grip, and I would nearly tear my skin trying to get that off. So one day, I was like, alright that's enough. Grabbed a pair of channel locks, and just gave that thing a good ratcheting. I start laughing when his face started turning red and his arms shaking from trying to get that cap off.

I would have epoxied it.

Rich

I know a guy... when he wrenches something down he doesn't use Loctite, he uses Ron-tight.

There's "farmer tight", then there's "Harley tight": Torque it down until the head snaps off, then back it off an eighth.

Back