The Low Pass Thread

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
This thread is for posting the coolest low-pass videos you can find...

Here's a few for starters.

Helicopter (almost clips a guy):

This Spitfire one is "NSFW"... you'll understand why after seeing it.

P-51 Mustang:

Here's a few neat ones

INVERTED low pass and outside loop in a sailplane :yikes:

This guy had to duck :eek:

And some low and hot contest finished, while dumping water ballast

Proof positive you don't need no stinkin' engine to do low passes:D

Not even close to being the coolest.

For some reason, I'm a little partial to this one: (You need speakers for the 'full' effect, including 'commentary' ;))

This is the SAME low-pass, but this perspective shows the speed a little bit better for some reason.

And this one was a hoot - I took this video in person:

I've always liked this one.
pass.png

For some reason, I'm a little partial to this one: (You need speakers for the 'full' effect, including 'commentary' ;))

ha, i still laugh everytime i hear that.

Aye, folks, but those videos are too high-tech for me to "take" at the present. However, there having been at least one "still" shot, here's one I captured back in May 2005. The East had been in about three weeks of rain and Bowdoinham 08B was far too soft to land. So we did a close inspection in my C-150(which several months later I traded for the Skyhawk).

HR

Oh, and that "bump in the road ahead" is the annual frost heave which has long been named "The launch pad." If one comes in over the trees a little fast onto to #14 the roll-out may well result in a re-"launch" until the runway dries and settles. At the left of the 3rd photo are the aforementioned trees before #14.
(Photo #2 is the end of #32 which is not far from Merrymeeting Bay, but that narrow "drink" is the Cathance River.)

Dr. Bruce didn't put the Seneca down here, but "One Short" did visit.

Attachments

• N66148#21 Low pass at 08B.jpg
    N66148#21 Low pass at 08B.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 31
  • N66148#19 08B #32 LeftCenter.jpg
    N66148#19 08B #32 LeftCenter.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 28
  • N66148#20 Bowdoinham & 08B.jpg
    N66148#20 Bowdoinham & 08B.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
The Shameless Viking Flyby:

Screen to max size - check
Volume up high - check

Attachments

• VikingFlyby.wmv
    6.3 MB · Views: 31
haha! Somehow the audio of the second pass is out of sync! Viking a la kung fu!

normal_06-22-08_1336.jpeg

Attachments

• cub water skiing.jpeg
    cub water skiing.jpeg
    14.8 KB · Views: 4
OK, I have to admit; that big and that fast, that low to the ground, would have impressed me, seeing that in person. Wow. (I'm referring to the 2nd pass).

One slight mistake and there would have been an awful lot of smashed bugsmashers along that flight line. Would have been impressive live.

One slight mistake and there would have been an awful lot of smashed bugsmashers along that flight line. Would have been impressive live.

And probably people, too.... I wasn't suggesting it was safe.... but I'm sure you'd feel the rumble of those jet engines in your chest as that bird went by that low and fast. "impressive" in that sense!

I was thinking that I was glad MY bugsmasher wasn't parked there. Being near the wingtip vortices from that big bird can't be good for 'em, even if they didn't make contact!

Back