The last picture

Whoa! How come? What’s next?

:(

Hope you are selling it for good reasons... like buying another aero-plane?

Regardless, may she bring the new owner years and years of pleasurable, safe flights.

Whoa! How come? What’s next?
several reasons culminated to this decision, the biggest ones being:

• Not getting as much time to fly to justify ownership
  • Market is insane lol
my plan is to get into the exp world (RV-10) in next 3-4 years, for now I will be looking for a club to join. renting isnt my thing.
I was planning on selling the archer in 3-4 years and get into the RV-10 build, however, the economics made more sense now. She has 1350 hours on the engine, in another 3-4 years I would have been lot closer to the magic TBO number that would have reflected in the sale price.

so yeah, this was a financial decision.

Is it true? Two best days?
not sure. I kinda miss her already. the day I bought it, i was flying over cascades and wondering if i did the right thing... after all these hours, I am pretty sure that was the right decision at that time and I am glad I had bought her. I will let you know in next few years if this was the right decision or not. right now, i feel crappy

That’s understandable, I’m just glad you’re not hanging up your headset entirely!

not sure. I kinda miss her already. the day I bought it, i was flying over cascades and wondering if i did the right thing... after all these hours, I am pretty sure that was the right decision at that time and I am glad I had bought her. I will let you know in next few years if this was the right decision or not. right now, i feel crappy
Crappy is having to decide whether or not to let the insurance company have the airplane.

right decision or not, you’ve got a plan to move forward.

You made good memories. I remember the one thread with pics of your folks in the plane. Onward to the next chapter!

Sad news. Glad you’re going to keep flying though. It definitely sucks to be in the buying side right now. :(

not sure. I kinda miss her already. ...I will let you know in next few years if this was the right decision or not. right now, i feel crappy

Man, you're in for a rough ride this year. I sold my Tiger and was already setting up on the RV. Yours is heading to Florida ... so you can log in to Flightaware this spring and see your old ride is at Sun-N-Fun (I haven't made OSH yet due to work, but just a month after I sold the Tiger, it was at OSH:()

Wow what a ride it's been. Knowing what you put into it, it would seem the seller got himself a great plane.

BTW, where did you list it for sale? How did you find the buyer (or the buyer find you)?

Congrats! (I guess!)

After 13 years of continuous (2 airplanes) ownership, I sold my SR22T just about 2 years ago. I tried to basically pause flying for a while but that only lasted a few months until I got back into it with a lease arrangement on airplanes that better fit my mission. Now I’m looking at buying in again but the crazy prices that prompted you to sell are bumming me out as a buyer.

I wonder what plane you'll be flying next time we meet up :)

So question for you given this crazy market. Without sharing exact in and out numbers...after 500hrs, upgrades, annuals and avgas...about how much were you up or down after the sale? Did you basically fly 500hrs for free???

Wow, I didn't see that coming, after all the effort you put in to find a hangar.

Are you building or buying the RV-10?

You made good memories. I remember the one thread with pics of your folks in the plane. Onward to the next chapter!

yeah man those were some awesome memories. unfortunately, none of my folks are around anymore, but I will never forget the smile on the face and the pride they felt sitting in the copilot seat and seeing the world in a complete different perspective with their son as the PIC.

I was fortunate to give them a ride.

Wow, I didn't see that coming, after all the effort you put in to find a hangar.

Are you building or buying the RV-10?
yeah i didnt see if coming either lol.

I will be building, but I will go with builder assistance to ensure 8 years down the road I am not at 95%

Wow what a ride it's been. Knowing what you put into it, it would seem the seller got himself a great plane.

BTW, where did you list it for sale? How did you find the buyer (or the buyer find you)?

yupp, the new buyer is extremely happy with the panel and the overall set up. unfortunately, the plane will seat on a ramp in FL, so that sucks until he finds a hangar.
I enlisted a broker, the same guy i used to buy the plane in the first place. so it came back to a full circle. https://www2.virtualairplanebroker.com/ highly recommend them if someone is new to this and want an honest guy to work with.

I could have listed directly and probably would have sold directly cutting out the commission, but
1. I didnt wanted to deal with tire kickers
2. I had no idea how crazy the market is until I told Keith - hey I want to sell it at this and he turned around and told me, nope add like 30% on top of it and then will talk.

Back