The Jetson One

Domenick

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Domenick
Jetson is a Pioneering EVTOL company with a mission to change the way we travel. We aim to make the skies available for everyone with our safe personal electric aerial vehicle.

8 motors... does one need a multi engine endorsement to fly one? :lol:

Old news. Been taking orders. Drones with a pilot and no certificate needed!

So, they're leaving the battery pack on the ground, connected by a long cord?

Does it not meet Part 103 as is? I don't know how you classify the stall speed of an octo-salad-shooter like this, maybe that's where they run into the wall. The rest looks fine. I assume it's not faster than 55kt :)

Does it not meet Part 103 as is? I don't know how you classify the stall speed of an octo-salad-shooter like this, maybe that's where they run into the wall. The rest looks fine. I assume it's not faster than 55kt :)
Yes, max speed is exactly 55kts. Probably a software limitation.... It's an ultralight helicopter. No stall speed.

I don't know how you classify the stall speed
Its my understanding its the stall speed definition that is in the gray area. Technically it falls under powered-lift and since it cant autorotate like a helicopter it has to rely on a ballistic chute for the "stall speed" equation for Part 103.

Its passed the ultralight test in several EU countries but I think with all the current regulatory changes on the horizon you'll see more aircraft like this in the future.

Technically it falls under powered-lift and since it cant autorotate like a helicopter it has to rely on a ballistic chute for the "stall speed" equation for Part 103.
No wing, so not powered lift:
Powered-lift means a heavier-than-air aircraft capable of vertical takeoff, vertical landing, and low speed flight that depends principally on engine-driven lift devices or engine thrust for lift during these flight regimes and on nonrotating airfoil(s) for lift during horizontal flight.
It's a helicopter:
Helicopter means a rotorcraft that, for its horizontal motion, depends principally on its engine-driven rotors.

I love the fact that they put trademark scares on their post but no mention of their corruption of Hanna-Barbera's IP.

No wing, so not powered lift:

It's a helicopter:
It really depends on which direction you look at it. Actually it doesn't fit into a rotorcraft or power-lift type aircraft/vehicle. For example, all the eVTOLs that do not have a lift producing wing or cannot autorotate are considered a "unique" VTOL requiring a SFAR under Part 21 to be certified. So since an ultralight is not an aircraft the most accurate description at the moment would be a unique VTOL vehicle based on that guidance.

Regardless, there is a lot of things going on behind the regulatory scenes when it comes to these new VTOLs which from what I've seen there will be new aircraft/vehicle classifications for projects like the Jetson in the near future.

It really depends on which direction you look at it. Actually it doesn't fit into a rotorcraft or power-lift type aircraft/vehicle. For example, all the eVTOLs that do not have a lift producing wing or cannot autorotate are considered a "unique" VTOL requiring a SFAR under Part 21 to be certified. So since an ultralight is not an aircraft the most accurate description at the moment would be a unique VTOL vehicle based on that guidance.

Regardless, there is a lot of things going on behind the regulatory scenes when it comes to these new VTOLs which from what I've seen there will be new aircraft/vehicle classifications for projects like the Jetson in the near future.
I've definitely had this debate before and not doing it again. Ultralights are certainly aircraft, and this one is a helicopter. The reason why the evtols seeking certification require a sfar is because they don't otherwise meet the category certification airworthiness requirements, not because they don't meet the definitions.

Back