The hidden story of Miracle on the Hudson

We saw the movie last night. I loved it. I thought it was well-done with a couple of Hollywood-ish parts that could have been left out. I'd watch it again and would definitely recommend seeing it.

This is an outrage..!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

There was a written article that came out telling the geese side of the story. I have been searching for it and can't find it yet.

This is an outrage..!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

There was a written article that came out telling the geese side of the story. I have been searching for it and can't find it yet.
History is written by the victors...

The biggest mystery on the Hudson, was the fact that 6 minutes can be stretched into a movie.

If the geese only had file a flightplan this could have been avoided....what a shame...

Goose always dies, we established this in the eighties.

if_i_was_flying_goose_would_still_be_alive_t-shirt.gif

The biggest mystery on the Hudson, was the fact that 6 minutes can be stretched into a movie.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the trailer on tv... Saw the movie last Saturday... They pulled it off quite well... I didn't know the NTSB was out to crucify Sully... If this is factually portrayed, what a bunch of ****oles!!

saw the movie yesterday & thoroughly enjoyed it! But it made me wonder about 2 things:

What is Jeff Skiles doing now? Still flying for US Air? In the picture it seems he deserves every bit as much credit as Sully for saving those lives.

Is the bit about the ACARS data being false a made-up Hollywood thing or was it really the case? This seemed even more terrifying than the geese, if we cannot trust it--that data was used to reconstruct he flight path of the missing Malaysian airliner, for example.

saw the movie yesterday & thoroughly enjoyed it! But it made me wonder about 2 things:

What is Jeff Skiles doing now? Still flying for US Air? In the picture it seems he deserves every bit as much credit as Sully for saving those lives.

Skiles has been working at EAA since 2002:
http://host.madison.com/wsj/busines...cle_e942cc8a-3e3d-11e1-945f-001871e3ce6c.html

There have been some magazine articles and what-not showing his progression to also being one of the pilots for FiFi.

Is the bit about the ACARS data being false a made-up Hollywood thing or was it really the case? This seemed even more terrifying than the geese, if we cannot trust it--that data was used to reconstruct he flight path of the missing Malaysian airliner, for example.

"What happened on this engine was the core was severely damaged and had little airflow flowing through it. So although it could keep the core rotating at something like 80 percent speed, the fan didn't have enough airflow through that core because of the damage to power the fan. So what we ended up with was it was feeding it fuel and the fuel was coming out the back, out of the nozzle, the core nozzle, and once it got to the oxygen on the outside it could burn there. So you're seeing a fire out of the nozzle which was just unburned fuel. It didn't catch fire as would be defined for the large bird requirement." - Les McVey, CFM International from NTSB testimony

There's no indication in any of the transcripts that I've read (yet) that indicates anyone thought the engine was producing thrust nor any significant indication that anyone gave the ACARS data more credit than it was due.

I haven't had a chance to see the movie yet, but I hear that the movie's representation of the NTSB investigation was less than accurate to some at the NTSB.

From the official movie web site:
Even as Sully was being heralded by the public and the media for his unprecedented feat of aviation skill, an investigation was unfolding that threatened to destroy his reputation and his career.
http://www.warnerbros.com/sully

Investigators Say ‘Sully’ Movie Gets It Wrong

http://www.flightsafetyaustralia.com/2016/09/investigators-say-sully-movie-gets-it-wrong/

I have no sympathy for suicidal foreign (ie. Canadian) geese that attempt to terrorize the American traveler. Where is the TSA?

I have no sympathy for suicidal foreign (ie. Canadian) geese that attempt to terrorize the American traveler. Where is the TSA?
There is no evidence suggesting the Canada geese were anything more than domestic cell operating independent of any foreign influence. We have these geese in many of our communities and many are productive members or society. We want to discourage any hateful attacks on them, particularly in the fall season except maybe around Thanksgiving.

Ain't that the truth. Can't tell you how many times I've heard people call them "Canadian Geese".
Yeah, but around Detroit and Pontiac most of them probably are. Heck, they even carry dual citizenship papers...

Other wildlife near Detroit are similarly confused:

The Indigoian Buntings
The Prothonarian Warblers
The Springian Peepers
The White Tailian Deer
The Cottonian Mouth
The Fencian Lizard
etc.

;)

You know what the last thing that went through the geese's minds as they hit the airplane??

Their a**hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back