The greatest invention in general aviation

I've never felt the need for a cupholder. I manage my fluid intake before flight such that my fuel tanks empty before my bladder fills.

That’s called tactical dehydration.

I knew I had made the big time when I got on the L-1011 as an engineer… ADJUSTABLE armrests, a thing of beauty!

The mighty Vashon Ranger R7 has a cup holder. Standard equipment. Niiiiiiiice.

I worked for a company that had a pilot spill a large coffee on the center pedestal of a learjet taxiing out for departure. The cockpit very quickly filled up with smoke, and they ended up evacuating the aircraft. I never heard what the actual $$$ in damage was, but it was somewhere in the 6 figures.

View attachment 122430

I believe these are available from Sporty's at $49.95 for certified aircraft or $15.95 for experimentals. $10 extra if you want a Piper or Cessna or Beechcraft decal stuck on it.

Or you can pick them up at the National Aviation Parts Association (NAPA) store for ~$2.
Only works for airplanes with windows or storm windows that open, though.

I've never felt the need for a cupholder. I manage my fluid intake before flight such that my fuel tanks empty before my bladder fills.
My plane has a stewardess a.k.a. wife. She takes care of all of my needs.

I have one of these in my plane. The description states "Self-leveling feature avoids spills and is perfect for motorcycles, ATVs, boats, and more" The "and more" is airplanes...

Attachments

• Snap38.jpg
    Snap38.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 10
“Someone” hasn’t flown with one yet… eyes looking up. It’s a game changer.

I have one of these in my plane. The description states "Self-leveling feature avoids spills and is perfect for motorcycles, ATVs, boats, and more" The "and more" is airplanes...

Maybe the “and more” is bull riding. I mean it gets pretty rocky up there and no one wants spilled coffee on a bull.

My wife and I just bought a car…it’s going to need modification for a place to put my Thermos. Any suggestions?

I build little custom wooden boxes that fit nicely between seats, on the hump, where ever, to hold things like that.

Some are nice figured hand dovetailed hardwoods… others stapled plywood.

I build little custom wooden boxes that fit nicely between seats, on the hump, where ever, to hold things like that.

Some are nice figured hand dovetailed hardwoods… others stapled plywood.
Christmas is right around the corner. The moderators will send you their list of airplanes and preferred wood species by PM.

I have the same one for my kiddo to use in the back seat

Back