The Great Western Fly-In

I get back from Chicago the night before and it's a bit far from OLM. Maybe we can do something in the PNW next summer?

If you do SEZ, you should see what sort of "bulk discount" you can arrange for us on the biplane aerial tours based out of Sedona... now THAT would be a cool way to get my first Biplane ride... I think they use Stearmans or Wacos.

Troy Whistman said:
If you do SEZ, you should see what sort of "bulk discount" you can arrange for us on the biplane aerial tours based out of Sedona... now THAT would be a cool way to get my first Biplane ride... I think they use Stearmans or Wacos.

Good idea Troy. last time i was there, they were quite busy. That was about 2 months ago. They are Wacos..the planes, not the guys. I could ask about discounts, although I usually get suckered into buying warrantees and paying double for stuff when I open my pie hole, so perhaps someone who is more suitable at these kind of negotiations would prove beneficial to us all. :happydance:

Don Jones said:
How about a show of hands, who is going? Time is getting short and I
am planning this into my trip back to So. California to get the wife.
Don

Ugh. My hand has to go down. Sigh. I feel responsible for steering the discussion to SEZ. According to the various interest that always tug on a long cross country trip, I need to be at HIO on Friday Aug 12, not in San Francisco. It's looking bad.

"Well, why you're out there, you have to visit so-and-so, she'll be insulted if you don't...." and on and on it goes. Sigh.

bbchien said:
"Well, why you're out there, you have to visit so-and-so, she'll be insulted if you don't...." and on and on it goes. Sigh.
And that's why I quit telling people where I'm going. ;)

If the only reason for August 13th is Dr. B and he can't make it now, I'd REALLY suggest moving it to sometime in late September, early October (but NOT Copperstate weekend unless someone wants to meet in Casa Grande).

August is not a fun time around here. Temps have been lower than earlier this summer but only because of the massive thunderstorms that are moving through here almost nightly. Humidity is up quite a bit. Being outside is just no fun and Sedona isn't that much cooler.

Brian Austin said:
If the only reason for August 13th is Dr. B and he can't make it now, I'd REALLY suggest moving it to sometime in late September, early October (but NOT Copperstate weekend unless someone wants to meet in Casa Grande).

August is not a fun time around here. Temps have been lower than earlier this summer but only because of the massive thunderstorms that are moving through here almost nightly. Humidity is up quite a bit. Being outside is just no fun and Sedona isn't that much cooler.

I am all for that - by then I should be able to recommit myself to going. By then, the call volume at work should be going down and they should be reallowing vacation requests.

How does everyon else feel about late September of Early October?

I want to go to Colorado. So many neat places.. and we have a large contingent there of poa-ers that we haven't met. Wait, winter starts in September there....

Well moving it to another date works for me. It was gonna be a long weekend of
flying between going to SEZ on the way to California to get the wife. Not to mention flying her out there the weekend before. Our local group has a trip scheduled to Durango around the 21st of Sept. and there are a couple of us who are going to Gastons around the 7th of September. Busy couple of months.
Lets get something together though.
Don

jkaduk said:
Sep/Oct gets my vote. Temps are perfect that time of year.

That should work for me too.

Let'sgoflying! said:
I want to go to Colorado. So many neat places.. and we have a large contingent there of poa-ers that we haven't met. Wait, winter starts in September there....

And we have temps moslty in the 50's all winter. Why do people think Colorado weather is cold? At 14K feet, its cold, but pick somewhere at 5K or 6K feet and your are fine all year round.

Colorado works for me, Durango, Telluride, Canon City, whatever.

Back