The GOT thread (spoilers inside)

Discussion in 'Hangar Talk' started by bflynn, Apr 13, 2019.

1. bflynn

bflynn En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Brian Flynn
    Thread to discuss Game of Thrones. Spoilers throughout the discussion, if you don't want spoilers, don't read this thread.

Whose watching? Predictions? What's going to happen in the episode? What's each character's fate?

I have predictions, but they're pretty much "last episode" things.
    Jon Snow becomes king, sorry but Dany dies
    Brienne of Tarth marries Jamie and becomes the lady of Casterly Rock
    The Night King dies in the end of course, but since he is "patient zero", his death kills all the ice walkers, so that's at the end...maybe 1 episode before the finale.
    I think one more Stark dies - probably Arya.

Death is too good for Cersei. I hope they get creative - maybe the Red God (R'hllor), the god who is keeping Beric's group alive, will volunteer to resurrect her every morning and she spends the rest of her days dying a different way every day. Needs something like that.

2. LoneAspen

LoneAspen Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    LoneAspen
    There's so much that could happen, I hesitate to even speculate too much. But, I do hope that Tyrion ends up sitting on the Iron Throne. This would mean every other major contender (Jon, Dany, and Cersei) are all eliminated in some way. I seriously doubt they'll end the show with him on the throne, but it would be interesting.

As far as characters who've had one hell of a character arc, I like Arya's the best. I do hope they don't kill her off, because I thought her travels with the Hound, and her time as a faceless man, were some of the best scenes in the entire show.

I do think the Night King will die, and although I don't know who'll have the killing blow, I do think Bran will have a huge role to play in his demise. It's already been shown he altered the past as the Three Eyed Raven, and I think that ability will come in to play in the Night King's defeat.

Oh, and CLEGANE BOWL. They absolutely cannot end this show until the Hound and the Mountain duke it out.

I can't wait for the premiere tomorrow. Hard to believe it's been what, 18 months since the last episode?

3. jstro

jstro Pre-takeoff checklist

Display Name:

Display name:
    John S
    So how does that Ice Dragon fly with those decaying wings with all those holes?

4. SoonerAviator

SoonerAviator En-Route PoA Supporter

Display Name:

Display name:
    SoonerAviator
    AoA indicator.

SoCal RV Flyer and bflynn like this.
  5. bflynn

bflynn En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Brian Flynn
    With or without MCAS?

Hmmm, Tyrion as the King’s Hand sitting on the throne. That is a way to close it.

I am going to steal that for elsewhere. Sorry.

SoonerAviator likes this.
  6. Stingray Don

Stingray Don En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Stingray Don
    This may get me banned but...

[​IMG]

mcdewey and Skyrys62 like this.
  7. bflynn

bflynn En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Brian Flynn
    Seriously? The great game of thrones ends with the throne being given away?

What a completely stupid ending.

8. Stingray Don

Stingray Don En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Stingray Don
    I thought for sure that Sheldon would be awarded the iron throne and rule with Amy as king and queen. Wait, am I getting my series finales mixed up?

murphey and mcdewey like this.
  9. LoneAspen

LoneAspen Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    LoneAspen
    Yeah, I was disappointed to say the least. For the first six seasons, when I lived in San Jose, you couldn't tear me away from my Sunday night ritual of grabbing a pizza from my favorite pizza place, opening up a nice bottle of wine, and watching GoT. I silenced my phone, and never missed an episode.

Season 7 was iffy. Sometimes I'd watch live, and sometimes I'd watch it off DVR later.

This season, I was ambivalent. I thought Season 8 was too rushed, and filled with lazy writing, and had a totally unsatisfying ending.

Sad that one of the greatest shows ever, and one I loved, totally fell on its face the last couple seasons. I got the sense the showrunners wanted nothing more than to hurry and finish up so they could move on to other things.

bflynn likes this.
  10. cowman

cowman En-Route PoA Supporter

Display Name:

Display name:
    Cowman
    Come on, this show has been killing off all your beloved characters, robbing you of joyous payoffs from long story arcs, and generally letting you down for the past 7 seasons. Why would the last be any different? Lol. Seriously though I don't think it's quite fair to look down on the finale as much as people have. The show has always been about showing just how ****ty and terrible humans are and how disappointing the reality of life can be. That finale was the perfect end in that regard, goes right along with the rest of the series. You didn't really expect a happy family fairy tale ending with all the surviving good guys did you?