The end of TAB soda

I thought they killed it off a number of years ago.... Then brought it back. Killing it again, wonder if will eventually become undead.

Haven’t seen it for a long time.

Also rarely see RC Cola around anywhere.

So Coke is canning Tab?

The commissary at Los Angeles Air Force Base stocked Tab at the request of the the one-star vice commander. Every time I would go in to brief him his exec would bring in a Tab. That was 02-03. Haven’t seen it since.

As long as I can still find Mr Pibb, err, Pibb Extra, I'm fine. Not nearly as pretentious as that "Doctor" Pepper

For you hold outs that still love the stuff, its finally going away.

Did they ever make it drinkable? I haven't tried it in years but my memory of the last time I tried it makes me wonder how they could sell that nasty stuff ...

(Just one old man's opinion)

Did they ever make it drinkable? I haven't tried it in years but my memory of the last time I tried it makes me wonder how they could sell that nasty stuff ...

(Just one old man's opinion)

I always thought TAB was the first "prank product." It was intentionally developed to taste horrible and marketed to diabetics, who couldn't really taste it...

No normal human would put that stuff in their drink hole.

The modern equivalent is that demonic Zevia stuff...

It was the first diet drink, right? I believe the taste was justified by saying that it would go with anything, not overpoweringly sweet. Kind of like those aperitif sodas they have in Italy

I was never a fan, tbh

As long as Moxie is still on the shelf, there won't be any trouble. ;)

The modern equivalent is that demonic Zevia stuff...

LOL. Sitting here drinking one of those earlier. The root beer and creme soda flavors are fine.

The fruit ones, well they’re fine too. All those taste the same. Not my thing but nothing different than any other fake fruit drink.

The stuff pretending to be any cola or Dr Pepper or anything like that, those always suck when copied by anybody.

Honestly though I’d rather drink coffee. Stevia in coffee ain’t horrible either. Found one that has a tinge or vanilla flavoring which works out fine.

Used to use pounds of sugar and creamer in the coffee. Since I can’t anymore that’s turned out fine also. Lost something like 30 lbs cutting sugars and carbs. Wife lost as much too.

And I can’t even truly “exercise” right now. A long walk is about it. The entire thing was just diet change to dump all added sugars and reign in carbs to as little as needed. Mine for the steroid side effects, her because she wanted to.

She made me a birthday carrot cake and we both had a cheat night. An hour after we ate pieces of it we were both loopy. Neither of our bodies had seen that much sugar down the pie hole in one sitting in months.

I took the temporary diabetic pill that spanks the pancreas into extra activity before I ate it just to keep the massive blood sugar spike from occurring. It worked. The cake and the drug battled it out for 24 hours. LOL. Never went out of Doc’s desired range. But have otherwise been off that pill for almost two months.

About the only thing I miss is the occasional craving for pasta. Too much pasta. Spaghetti piled high sounds nice. I’d pass out though.

Been watching various travel food videos though and wondering how diabetics eat in countries that serve mountains of white rice or noodles with literally everything. Must be difficult.

One can always choose Dr. Brown's cream soda....

First it was Zima, now Tab. I actually thought Tab had disappeared years ago as well.

This is really going to hit that one singing group hard, the one where the members eat only mushrooms and fruit, and wash it down with Coke's soon-to-be-discontinued diet drink. You know, the "Morel Tab-and-Apple Choir".....

Ron Wanttaja

This is really going to hit that one singing group hard, the one where the members eat only mushrooms and fruit, and wash it down with Coke's soon-to-be-discontinued diet drink. You know, the "Morel Tab-and-Apple Choir".....

Ron Wanttaja

delete_me.gif delete_me.gifdelete_me.gif delete_me.gif

I remember when this vile concoction came out. They were giving out free cans at the race track. Man, that was one crazy night of racing....

339382a702fffa6eea22fce497f5972f.jpg

I wonder if my post was too subtle for this ethereal crowd. :D

Most corporations only get to "can" a product once. ;)
I got it. I was playing off the double meaning of canned as well. Too subtle? Apparently.

I remember when this vile concoction came out. They were giving out free cans at the race track. Man, that was one crazy night of racing....

339382a702fffa6eea22fce497f5972f.jpg

Lol. That stuff was nasty. It’s also really tame compared to the crazy stuff they all sell now.

But back then it matched the marketing on the can, that’s for sure. Ha. Nobody ever ingested anything like it other than drinking lots of coffee or espresso back then.

And espresso weirdos were few and far between at least here in the States, especially home espresso makers. Only “crazy rich people” and “insanely caffeine addicted people” had machines.

Jolt started the mass caffeine to the masses from a can trend, for sure. Up until then you had to buy a Coke and a box of Vivarin. The long haul trucker combo pack right up front at every truck stop counter. LOL.

I didn’t realize they were still making It until a customer requested it for a charter flight last year. Yuck!

I had a roommate in college that kept that stuff around for 2 reasons. Chicks dug it, and it was the world's greatest hangover cure. Between the hyper-carbonation and the nasty taste, no vestige of anything you drank the night before would dare stand up to it.

Back