Everything has a beginning and an end. To be honest I've thought about shutting down for some time, but not had the courage to pull that trigger. It's a one-way ticket in many ways. But now I am ready, and it's my decision. If I waited until some $50k component failed on the MU-2 and it wasn't my decision, well, I don't think I'd feel as good about it. This is the better way to go. Well the balloon is kinda a twin engine because it has two burners. I am pretty sure we won't be buying a twin of any sort in the immediate future. My aviation goals are to get away from the "mission oriented" aircraft I've been flying basically my entire career and get back to the basics, doing the fun kind of flying that most people on here do and I've wanted to for years, but never been able to because of Cloud Nine. We have no personal need for a family transport aircraft, especially with the advent of the RV. Maybe in a few years we'll change our mind as life changes. I am really, really on the fence of whether or not I want to bother with a powered aircraft. Let's face it - there is a lot of BS that goes along with it. I've never had problems getting a medical but I don't want to deal with it anymore. I don't want to build a plane but I also don't want to deal with needing an A&P to do an annual, and I don't want to deal with renting a hangar, dealing with airport authorities. So with the Cobra to finish, wanting to get the balloon rating, wanting to finish the runway and end up with the Cub here... the only thing that really comes to mind that makes any sense is getting a J-3 and keeping it at an airport so I can get experience flying a taildragger before moving it to our house (which seems like a good idea). However I don't have a tailwheel endorsement and learning a new airplane is more work, so it really seems like it doesn't make sense for me to do until I get some more items checked off the list (that is, after all, the whole point of what we're doing). Me neither.