The devil's chariot seen on the ramp

kwc98

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
kwc98
Great tail number. The pilot was not in sight. I did not wait around.

Attachments

• IMG_9746.JPG
    IMG_9746.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 99
One of my dads friends had N666AC, his initials were AC, not sure where he got the 666 part from!

A vtail bonanza by chance. If so, they were talking about it over on beechtalk... Excellent aircraft... But not so much on the tail number..

N666 is at my home airport. It's a pretty impressive T-34 painted in Navy livery. I see it flying around once in a while.

Nice! I'd go with red and black for the paint though.

The flight school I went to had a C-172 with a 666 tail number. No one wanted to fly it and it eventually went away to a new and hopefully happy owner.

I don't consider myself overly religious, or superstitious, but there's no way I'd want that number on anything I had. Aircraft registration number, license plate, house number, etc.

I don't go so far as to avoid it on registers when I buy something, but I've known people who, if they got rung up at a register and there was that number in the amount, they'd buy something else small just to change the amount.

N666 is at my home airport. It's a pretty impressive T-34 painted in Navy livery. I see it flying around once in a while.

Have you seen it lately? I seem to recall seeing it up for bid on one of the salvage auction sites.

I have over 15 hours in N1666V :) There are in fact people who won't fly it.

It has been 30+ years, BUT...

I remember visiting a private airport outside of Ocala Fla.. Probably the same one Travolta lives at now.... back then it was owned by a guy , named Arthur Jones... The nautilus fitness equipment guy... Seems to me he had several planes and they were all N666 something..... :dunno::dunno:

Last edited:
Have you seen it lately? I seem to recall seeing it up for bid on one of the salvage auction sites.

Come to think of it, it's been a while. A year, I think.

I'll be at the airport Tuesday, and I'll look. It's parked in a fairly central location, not far from the fuel island.

Saw the thread title and figured someone was once again posting politics in reference to AF1... :O

Just the fact that there are still aircraft out there with 666 in the tail number is amazing!!!!

Logically speaking they should have all "kamikaze" into some church, Harvest Festival, christian broadcast network, or at least aimed for the heavens with that deadly prop!!!:rolleyes:

How these aircraft are still flying is mindboggling:dunno:

If I had an Extra 300, or something like that, the N number would include 999. And it would have nothing to do with politics or pizza either!;)

We have a N666GJ Glastar in our community hangar.

Only tail numbers that I dislike are ones that are difficult or confusing to call out on the radio. This mostly happens with repeated digits. There's a plane used for training at my airport N63000 and I know some of the controllers hate making those calls just because zero zero zero is easy to get tongue tied with.

The jump plane where I used to be is N29000; my plane starts with 444, often "triple 4" on the radio (it's faster & easier to say than 'four four four'). As long as it's not a tongue twister, I'm OK with it.

One Little Rock area code is 666. Rented down on the river front and the phone number was 501-666-???? (I really don't remember - this was 1993/1994 - some of you were still in grade school).

501-666-whatever didn't bug me too much. What did bug me was when I drove my wife past the old litter sign on highway 65 saying something like "The next 5 miles maintained by the KKK". No joke.

Thought we got rid of those jokers, but when we elected a black president, their numbers grew rapidly again. Not an Obama fan, but I've meet to many white jerks to know racism is alive and well... and that scares me more than some number.

brian];1579663 said:
501-666-whatever didn't bug me too much. What did bug me was when I drove my wife past the old litter sign on highway 65 saying something like "The next 5 miles maintained by the KKK".

Some years ago the KKK adopted a stretch of I-55 just south of St. Louis. MoDot tried to deny the adoption but the courts overruled them on freedom of speech grounds. So the signs went up.

Shortly thereafter, the Mo legislature designated that part of the highway "The Rosa Parks Memorial Highway" and put up signs...IIRC immediately adjacent to the KKK signs.

Shortly thereafter the KKK took theirs down.

It was a great (and quite humorous) move by the legislature.

Interesting. What's it look like? I didn't think the pictures I saw of it looked that great, but my memory may be fading. Here's a link to some information about the incident:

http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=164197

It was in one piece and not obviously tweaked, but I didn't look closer than that. It wouldn't be the only "substantially damaged" airplane tied down at that field.

And if you research it, most likely based on a mistranslation.

Original documents show 616 as the number.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_beast

Equally silly.

I was going to mention that earlier.

Also, many biblical scholars will tell you that they've never truly figured out the numbering system of the language used in the original transcripts. But to start that discussion might send it to the spin zone.

Back