The Definition of STUPID

Ghery - really sorry to hear that - you, your dad and family are in our prayers. Praying for a very positive outcome, too.

My apologies if I offended anyone :/

Back to the idjit pilot. He's in court today facing two misdemeanors.

How many FARs can we recognize that he violated?

So far I see:

91.13 - Definitely reckless operation
91.15 - Dropping objects without regard to injury or damage to property
91.119 - Violation of minimum safe altitudes

Anything else?

If he's in court already, there must be some local criminal charges he's facing. I wouldn't think the FAA would ever act that fast though it's definitely coming.

Do you have a link on his court appearance?

And we lost my mother-in-law to Alzheimer's, too. Not nice to watch at all.

Sitting in the hospitall waiting room right now. Dad's been in surgery for pancreatic cancer for the past 8 hours and we're not sure how much longer it is going to take. We're praying for a good outcome.

This getting older stuff is for the birds, but it beats the alternative.
Ghery,
Real sorry to hear that. I lost my Dad to pancreatic cancer a couple of years ago.:(

Ghery,
Real sorry to hear that. I lost my Dad to pancreatic cancer a couple of years ago.:(

Well, we have good news. After 12 1/2 hours of surgery, the surgeon thinks he got it all. It had attached to a vein running over the pancreas and they called in a vascular surgeon to remove the attachment and patch the vein. That added a bunch of time. But when we saw him in the ICU this morning he was awake, alert and feeling, all things considered, pretty well. He'll be in the hospital a bit longer than the original estimate of 7 to 10 days, but at this point it looks like he is one of the lucky ones and will recover from this.

All I can do at this point is thank everyone (and it's been quite a network of people who know my parents, professional colleagues of mine and this wonderful on-line community) who has been praying for a successful outcome. It means more to my family and I than you can imagine. Mom and Dad are looking forward to their 60th wedding anniversary this coming July and it looks at this point like not only will they make it, they'll do so with Dad in good health. Thank you all again.

If he's in court already, there must be some local criminal charges he's facing. I wouldn't think the FAA would ever act that fast though it's definitely coming.

Do you have a link on his court appearance?

Thanks William.

In case anyone wants to bring up the link without registering, the cheat log in is:...

Or, since it's an AP story you just find it elsewhere using Google news:
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hwW9hRqlzk737mmw0tcU4opxKorwD8SPU2T00

That way the site requiring registration doesn't get the hits. Those newspapers just can't win. They can't sell papers and they can't even get people to work to read the stuff for free. :dunno:

God people can be idiots. Whats worse is that this happened in my neck of the woods, well I'm just glad he won't be flying again for a long time. You know, as bad as this was, it could've been worse, he could've been in a mid-air collision with another pilot.

Well, we have good news. After 12 1/2 hours of surgery, the surgeon thinks he got it all. It had attached to a vein running over the pancreas and they called in a vascular surgeon to remove the attachment and patch the vein. That added a bunch of time. But when we saw him in the ICU this morning he was awake, alert and feeling, all things considered, pretty well. He'll be in the hospital a bit longer than the original estimate of 7 to 10 days, but at this point it looks like he is one of the lucky ones and will recover from this.

All I can do at this point is thank everyone (and it's been quite a network of people who know my parents, professional colleagues of mine and this wonderful on-line community) who has been praying for a successful outcome. It means more to my family and I than you can imagine. Mom and Dad are looking forward to their 60th wedding anniversary this coming July and it looks at this point like not only will they make it, they'll do so with Dad in good health. Thank you all again.

That is good news. Just cherish every minute with them that you can.

Back