The day has finally come....

To keep this thread updated:

-Engine being pulled on Monday and shipped down to VA

-My A&P and is quoting me out pricing for both the G2 and G3 install and we will make our decision from there. I'm leaning towards the G3 based on the advise of @flyingcheesehead

Hopefully in about a month to a month and a half i'll be posting pics of my newly overhauled engine and monitor install

To keep this thread updated:

-Engine being pulled on Monday and shipped down to VA

-My A&P and is quoting me out pricing for both the G2 and G3 install and we will make our decision from there. I'm leaning towards the G3 based on the advise of @flyingcheesehead

Hopefully in about a month to a month and a half i'll be posting pics of my newly overhauled engine and monitor install
I hope your O/H goes smooth and you can get back in the air quickly! Reference the monitor, I don't know the difference between the G2/G3/G4 but I absolutely love my G4. It is one of the best upgrades I've done and the people at Insight were great to deal with.

Cross your fingers that you have serviceable parts. During my overhaul, I discovered that the crank and cam were not usable. So the only thing that got recycled was the case. Everything else new top to bottom. That added a bit to the final cost. Having a new engine is nice, though. You'll know the whole history of the engine and have more confidence about reaching or exceeding TBO.

Good luck, and happy flying soon.

Well, that took longer than I planned. Due to various delays by the engine overhaul shop and my local shop the 6-8 week engine rebuilt was longer than 6 months.

My lack of flying led me to become quite quiet on POA because coming here made me mad because I couldn’t fly!

I’m happy to report my plane is finally signed off and I took it up for the first time today. Feels good to be back in the air and back on POA again.

Now for a IPC and some fun flights to make up for lost time!

Would you mind saying what the bill was? PM is ok if you don’t want to post it publicly.

Back