the cast of Airplane! on Today show.

Love it

I had the opportunity to meet Leslie Neilson many many years back, I was at dinner with my girlfriend at the time and her grandparents in Fort Lauderdale and I recognized him, they about killed me for what I told them I was gonna do it, but I did it anyway and Leslie Neilson pulled through for me.

I walked up to him when he was seated eating dinner and without any intro I just said “surely you can’t be serious” and with as serious as a face as in the movie he turns to me and goes “I am serious and don’t call me shirley” everyone at the table laughed it was great. He was such a nice guy, snapped a few photos and now many years later I look back fondly at that memory

My favorite scene. I was a controller at the time and that was a line we used when working for awhile.

“Hospital! Dr, what is it???”

“It’s a big white building with lots of sick people inside but that’s not important now.”

My favorite lines.

Cheers

Considering how much I've laughed in the last few minutes, I guess I'm just going to have to see that movie again! I see that one of the local libraries even has it on Blu-ray.

When was that made? Nielson and Graves both died over seven years ago.

There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

No excrement, Mr. Holmes. A little googling places it in 2008. (It had to be after 2003 anyhow as they mentioned Stack was dead).

Back