"...the biggest science scandal ever"

Status
Not open for further replies.
A scientist will be by any second to tell you they are far more intelligent and moral then you could ever hope to be so you should just listen to them.;)

I believe it's time for one of those SHUT UP AND SIT IN THE BACK OF THE BUS, moments from the left.

One of the fist tenants of logic and critical thinking is to ask if the person making a claim has the background or ability to substantiate said claim. All I have to go on is the word of the author, Christopher Booker. He has no background suggesting he understands the complex concepts underlying climatology any better than I. Moreover, he boldly claims that agents that are hugely bad for you, including asbestos and prions, are innocuous. I'm afraid this reduces my own confidence in his "expertise" to nearly zero.

What about Paul Homewood who did the actual data collection? Maybe plugging your ears and going la-la-la-la-la isn't the best course of action as a 'scientist'

Last edited:
One of the fist tenants of logic and critical thinking is to ask if the person making a claim has the background or ability to substantiate said claim. All I have to go on is the word of the author, Christopher Booker. He has no background suggesting he understands the complex concepts underlying climatology any better than I. Moreover, he boldly claims that agents that are hugely bad for you, including asbestos and prions, are innocuous. I'm afraid this reduces my own confidence in his "expertise" to nearly zero.

So if someone doesn't accept the mainstream, he has no credibility...... like Barry Marshall?

There are people to control and tax, stay out of their way!!

Connecting science and scientists with left wing politics is so stupid.

Folks, this really is spin zone material. Take the discussion there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back