The big 800

Katamarino

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Katamarino
Yesterday, landing at Bahrain International, I hit the big 800! Not hours, obviously, but airports landed at so far in my flying career.

A quick perusal of the logbook shows these were over 14 years, 2,500 hours, and 54 countries (ok, to be fair the 54th country was today in the UAE, airport 801).

By far the most, unsurprisingly, are in the USA! Of the 54 countries to date it is still hands down the best for flying.

All time favourite airport? Probably Shelter Cove, CA. But there are so many more that were amazing. If people are interested I can knock up a top 25 or so!

Here's to more countries and airports to come!

Living the life!
Thanks for the inspiration.

Good googly! That's a different airport every 3 hours and a new country every 50 hours (a little under 50). :eek:

Impressive! :cool:

Love me some Shelter cove! That’s pretty rad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

if I took all the money I ever made to this point, plus what I would make until retirement, I wouldn't have enough money to do what you've done so far.

Be grateful.

I'm very grateful for my opportunities, such as a good education in the UK and supportive family and contacts, that have allowed me to pursue this passion. Apart from the charity flight in Africa (volunteer), all my flying is self funded.

if I took all the money I ever made to this point, plus what I would make until retirement, I wouldn't have enough money to do what you've done so far.

Be grateful.

I dunno, if you quit buying silly stuff like Corvettes, I bet you could do it. ;)

Back