1. A Christmas Story
2. A Christmas Vacation
3. Elf
4. Grinch, animated

uh, do movies count?

Last edited:
My yule log a few years back:

And the fungus among us

Mystery Science 3000 Christmas show, the one that featured, "Let's Have a Patrick Swayze Christmas."
Ron Wanttaja

South Park Christmas shows were pretty good, too. One of my favorites...note, not safe for work, home, kids, etc.
"Everyone has a happy glow, let's dance in blood and pretend it's snow..."

Ron Wanttaja

I really like the new Apple TV movie Spirited

But you can’t go wrong with Die Hard either

Of the new generation The Christmas Chronicles.

Kurt Russel in a kind of Santa played by Snake Plissken. :D

Last edited:
Re South Park - "Red Sleigh Down" was pretty good.

It's a Wonderful Life is also good.

Those may be on opposite ends of the cynicism spectrum.

Charlie Brown Christmas
Die Hard
The Santa Clause

The Night They Saved Christmas

It's a cheesy made for tv movie from the mid 80's. It has airplanes, snowmobiles, oil exploration, and Santa Claus. Ten year old me was fascinated by this movie.

Die Hard IS a Christmas movie (and is my favorite Christmas movie), but not a TV show, so sadly doesn't belong here.

Die Hard 2 is so dumb, so utterly incomprehensibly stupid, that it doesn't belong on ANY list.

Last edited:
Okay, I stand by my original statement. Santa’s Workshop Dish Scape is indeed the best TV Christmas show.

Stretch out in my recliner in the family room, flip on ch 199, listen to some pleasant instrumental Christmas music, see the little gingerbread man come out and do his dance, watch the stuffed polar bear yawn and stretch, or maybe catch the flying spaceman stealing a cookie from Santa, close my eyes and drift off into a pleasant nap. Ahhhhh......

Full Metal Christmas. (Caution: NSFW unless you’re wearing headphones)

a close runner up to Full Metal Hope

Back