The best place for a newly graduated CFI ?

F-GCRU

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Mehdi
When I ask for the best place, I talk about the working part and the living part. I don't live in the U.S. and I want to work there after training, so I need to project myself into thr future.

I'm listening.

When I ask for the best place, I talk about the working part and the living part. I don't live in the U.S. and I want to work there after training, so I need to project myself into thr future.

The answer to the best place to work is easy. Go where there's money. The best place to live in also easy. Go where it's cheap and pleasant. The challenge is to find a place that satisfies both at the same time.

The demand for good CFI's is rising. So just about any major metropolitan area will have a school that will be willing to talk to you about employment.

Demand in some of the out of the way towns also good.

At two local schools I have make CFI training inquiries two, both said they are very likely to hire their graduates. So if you choose a school for your training, and you both like the school and the area where it is located, that could be the answer to your question in this thread.

Do you have authorization to work in the US?

Do you have authorization to work in the US?
I'm guessing the answer is.... not yet.

Past threads from him are questions about what schools are worth going to and the budget for both training and living.

I think he is still exploring what's possible.

Past threads from him are questions about what schools are worth going to and the budget for both training and living.

All right. I was looking for training in the U.S.

And now I try too see work as a CFI ( at least 1 year for me ).

Also, how much is paid a CFI ??
And how much time he flies every month ??

Thanks again for your replies :cool:

Gotcha

Sounds like he's putting the horse way in front of the cart

Also, how much is paid a CFI ??
Amount varies greatly between region of the US. In the Dallas area, I've been told between US$20 and US$30 an hour for the basics. More is possible with seniority and ability to teach advanced items (such as Turbine)
And how much time he flies every month ??
Also can vary a lot. If the school is over run with students, you might be 100 to 200 hours a month. But if there are not many students, it will be less.

Weather is going to play into how many flight hours you can get. In some areas of the US, some seasons will produce many consecutive days of non-flyable weather. Which is why areas such as Florida and Arizona are prime spots for flight schools.

Gotcha

Sounds like he's putting the horse way in front of the cart

Wait a minute bro :cool:

I'll be on the next October in Florida to follow a training which will cost me more than 50k$. I'm going to restart a new life ( resigning from railroads, requesting unemployment allowance ). Restarting a new life allows you to plan your issues ( in the U.S., outside, which job, etc. ), a French quote says plutôt prévenir que guérir ( it means planning the future is better than undergoing it )

Amount varies greatly between region of the US. In the Dallas area, I've been told between US$20 and US$30 an hour for the basics. More is possible with seniority and ability to teach advanced items (such as Turbine)

Also can vary a lot. If the school is over run with students, you might be 100 to 200 hours a month. But if there are not many students, it will be less.

Weather is going to play into how many flight hours you can get. In some areas of the US, some seasons will produce many consecutive days of non-flyable weather. Which is why areas such as Florida and Arizona are prime spots for flight schools.

Thanks dude

Wait a minute bro :cool:

I'll be on the next October in Florida to follow a training which will cost me more than 50k$. I'm going to restart a new life ( resigning from railroads, requesting unemployment allowance ). Restarting a new life allows you to plan your issues ( in the U.S., outside, which job, etc. ), a French quote says plutôt prévenir que guérir ( it means planning the future is better than undergoing it )

I don't see what that has to do with getting a job as a CFI when you don't even know if you can solo a plane.

Flying to the US, irrelviant
Spending 50k, irrelevant
"Starting a new life", irrelevant

As I said haven't even soloed yet and you're thinking about where you're going to get a flying job, come on now lol!

Heck, you might not even have the chops to solo, or get your IFR, or CFI and the washout rate is rather high in aviation.

I applaud your....enthusiasm.....and having a plan is a good thing, BUT trying to plan as far ahead as you're attempting is a waste of mental energy and time, come back when you have 250+hrs, your CPL and are about to start in on your CFI and I'll make some recommendations.

I don't see what that has to do with getting a job as a CFI when you don't even know if you can solo a plane.

Flying to the US, irrelviant
Spending 50k, irrelevant
"Starting a new life", irrelevant

As I said haven't even soloed yet and you're thinking about where you're going to get a flying job, come on now lol!

Heck, you might not even have the chops to solo, or get your IFR, or CFI and the washout rate is rather high in aviation.

I applaud your....enthusiasm.....and having a plan is a good thing, BUT trying to plan as far ahead as you're attempting is a waste of mental energy and time, come back when you have 250+hrs, your CPL and are about to start in on your CFI and I'll make some recommendations.

I am PPLized since 1 year, I know what is flying.
Also, why is it irrelevant to plan your future ?? If it will fail I will get a plan B, etc.

I am PPLized since 1 year, I know what is flying.
Also, why is it irrelevant to plan your future ?? If it will fail I will get a plan B, etc.

Your time to waste, but even as a PPL you're a ways out, normal thing is to get your CFI where you want to work.

Back