The answer: Bonanza

Oooo, shiny! I like it!! Congratulations and clear skies, fair winds.

The Bonanza is not your ordinary Cessna or Piper. It is a complex airplane that will last a lifetime if handled with care. Join the American Bonanza Society, attend a BBPT clinic and a ABS Service Clinic. Both will highly instructive and an excellent learning experience.I instructed for ten years for the BBPT and it is well worth your time, especially as a new V-tail owner. It has its own quirks that straight tails don't have. The Service Clinic is also well worth the time and money.

Noah W

^^^^THIS IS THE BEST ADVICE YOU HAVE RECEIVED SO FAR^^^^^

Start with the online course:

https://www.bonanza.org/training/pilot-training/

Another vote for the service clinic. Something in aviation that actually is worth more than the cost.
Congrats to another vtail owner. One of the best looking planes I can afford. Well, this annual may kill that, but you know what I mean.

Great advice here.

1.Join ABS and Beechtalk
2. Do BPT and the service clinic
3. Get an annual from a well respected Beech IA. Flying Leaf in Asheboro, NC is one of the best. He knows Beechcraft and is a no BS guy. Airframe, motor, and landing gear. Take service clinic report and have Lou address squawks. Rod ends on landing gear - don't overlook.
4. Good engine cooling baffles and GAMI injectors are a must. Both will prolong motor life and give efficient operation.

Enjoy flying her. Excellent airframe, predictable characteristics, great in x-wind, and overall solid airframe.

Congrats! Flown a few V35s and absolutely love them. Nice machines for traveling. Heck just for flying fun!

Last edited:
Just following up that I did my 10 hours of transition training/insurance requirements this weekend; loved it! The performance was awesome coming from my Sierra. I saw 184 knots ground speed a few times during the training and felt comfortable after just a few landings. Highly recommended. A+. Will fly again.

What I remember about the model 35. Beech built 2 prototypes one with conventual airfoil and one with a laminar airfoil. The latter only added 2 mph to the top end and ruined the landing characteristics. It was latter involved in a fatal crash while testing spins. When it was introduced in 1947 the most common airliner was the DC3 which cruised at about the same speed as the Bonanza. Imagine a single engine airplane cruising today the same as a Boeing 787. Partly by design and partly by luck is supposed to be one of the easiest airplanes to make a good landing with. Sure it goes where you point it but you just have to learn where to point it. To end this rambling there is a 1947 model 35 on Barnstormers for 21500 with good credentials - would like to buy it.

Back