That'll buff right out...

Well, at least the front didn't fall off.

Looks a hell of alot better than that Eithad engine runup debacle.

Conclusive proof that taxiways are dangerous. From here on out, they should all be referred to as runways for planes under 12,000 lbs gross weight. :D

John

So, there's a job opening at Delta, then?

Geez... what a mess. How are they going to clean that up without dismantling the airplane?

They may want to consider leaving her there as a monument.

-Rich

Geez... what a mess. How are they going to clean that up without dismantling the airplane?

They may want to consider leaving her there as a monument.

-Rich

They brought in two cranes, 1 250 ton and 1 270 ton, and cradled it under the nose and lifted it up to get it back on the tarmac.

"The brakes failed." Isn't that every teenager's excuse?

That's what the guy who ran a stop sign and broadsided our motorcycle said to the police, even though the skid marks on the pavement indicated he had at least two locked up at impact. His story to me a few minutes earlier, which a witness heard, was that he thought he saw a green light (no lights at that intersection, he had a stop sign). By the time of depositions he had changed his story to 'his engine quit, so he lost power assist'. Yup, the skid marks still said at least two locked up. I tend to be sceptical about that excuse.

Now, about that airplane in the ditch... :hairraise:

They brought in two cranes, 1 250 ton and 1 270 ton, and cradled it under the nose and lifted it up to get it back on the tarmac.

Now that's what I call getting the job done. I figured that bird would be there for the duration.

-Rich

That'll buff right out...

Nah. I think it'll leave a mark.

Back