Thanks Harrison & Dave

Dave Krall CFII

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES, Cmcl HELI
Harrison was pitching flying on Letterman tonight as he often does on the late night shows. Mostly pictures of Pilatus, and his Beaver on & off floats. Thought he might show some of his Idaho stuff that he's talked of in the past, but he didn't. He noticably plugs GA in a soft sell way and Dave said he wanted to learn to fly.

Craig Ferguson also drops lines about his flying and when he did lessons, I think he got a SkyLane.

What GA needs is a successful full feature film that brings the average GA pilot such as myself into the spotlight. Something everyone can relate to, non-pilots and pilots.

Not only are the reviews of the book very positive, our screeplay is gotten lots of positive feedback too.

Scott West Whether they release with a major or indie, Modified Flight Plan is going to be an epic movie about courage, character and living your dreams no matter how great the challenges life may throw at us!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary Story, Extraordinary Man, May 17, 2013
By
L. Pelto "BookGobbler140" (United States)
This review is from: Modified Flight Plan (Paperback)
The author is a master at weaving intricate detail among the unbelievable tales she tells. This is a story of great will, determination, dreams, personality, humor, tragedy, ego, skill, life and gratitude. This is a story that will stay with me forever.

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Very Real and Astonishing, May 21, 2013
By
Kristopher Miller "Kristopher Miller"
Modified Flight plan is a very well-written, well-structured, and engrossing biography of a man with passion for flying who suffers a terrible illness who works to rebuild his life. I'd say go out and get it now, without hesitation, but I will fill you in why it is good.

Brian Thomas, the subject in the book, loves to fly and is just like any other rambunctious young man. But he suffers from a bleeding disorder he's had since birth, and this disorder later forces him to near-death, in a hospital bed, and needing triple amputation.

This is not a "by the numbers" inspirational biography. Thomas himself co-authored the story with Lisa Kovanda and the experiences he brings to the manuscript are very raw and real, from his daredevil flying stunts over a football field to skydiving to falling in love and breaking from love to feeling angst, depression, and finding determination. Thomas as a character grows in the book, and the other people in his life are also well-written to make you believe that they were a part of his experience too. The fact that Thomas helped co-author the book-and was not subplanted by Kovanda or some ghost writer-helps makes this true story come to life.

The book's structure is also composed well. The chapters are evenly paced and not lengthy at all. This chapter structure, coupled with the sharp prose and dialogue, just keeps you reading. And trust me, you will probably finish the book in two days because of how well the language, the narrative structure, and polish this book features.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down., May 20, 2013
By
DavidM - See all my reviews
The book has an amazing way of bringing you inside the personal story of Brian Thomas. They did a great job describing the emotion and personalities of the characters. Though some descriptive details can be a little over-used it hardly affects the overall story. They do a great job developing Brian's character, and explaining who he is/was before, after and throughout the situation(s). This is an incredible story of survival. The story goes into detail as Brian faces challenge after challenge where he feels like its never going to end. It takes you through the ups and downs and ends on a spectacular note almost too soon. I would definitely recommend this story, especially to those who work in the medical field. It can give you great perspective on how some of your patients can feel when they are in your care.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Important Read, May 17, 2013
By
Gina (Nebraska) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Modified Flight Plan (Kindle Edition)
This is a book you will never forget. There are those in this world who refuse to allow hard times to stop them. This is a story of a young man who beats one bad turn after another. He is the definition of a survivor. This tale will tug at your heart, then break it, then build it back up to bursting. A great story that plays like a movie in your mind as you read it. Incredibly well written.

Last edited:
AWESOME!

I will follow the progress and best of luck with the screenplay. Thanks for sharing.

Brian,

You are hardly an "average" GA pilot. Trust me, I am an average GA pilot. You are a exceptional GA pilot!

And an inspiration to all of us!

Good luck on the movie we will be looking forward to seeing it.
Rick

Our first plane was a 1962 Cessna 150 we bought for $9k. Ugly interior, faded paint in three different colors. It flew about 250 hours before we sold it. Dad then bought this roughish C177 I'm working on.

Back