Textron buys Beech

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/Textron-Confirms-Beech-Acquisition-Updated221180-1.html

Well that's fabulous - narrow the playing field a bit, get rid of some competition...

They weren't really producing competitive products. Cessna had no TP pressurized twins, recip twins, or 6 seat complex singles. About all the competitive product was the Hawker Premier with I guess the Citation Sovereign? Not really that up on the biz jet capabilities to know where in the Citation line the Premier competed.

Last edited:
About all the competitive product was the Hawker Premier with I guess the Citation Sovereign? Not really that up on the biz jet capabilities to know where in the Citation line the Premier competed.
The Premier I is less than half the size of the Sovereign, at least if you are comparing max takeoff weight (12,500 vs. 30,300 lbs). Hawker 800XP is closer but is not in production any more.

Premier is closer to a CJ1

The 400XP (formerly Beechjet 400A, formerly Mitsubishi Diamond) is about a CJ2 but burns a ton of fuel due to the old JT15D Pratts. All the CJs are powered by Williams i believe. Fuel burn not being popular, the the Nextant conversion came about, to re-engine the beechjet/400XP series to Williams getting a bump in range from better fuel economy.

Last edited:
The Bonanza and the 206 were somewhat competative.

The Kingairs aren't very competitive with all the other attractive single engine turbine products availabe so I don't really see owning that line as a win for Textron.

The Bonanza and the 206 were somewhat competative.

A bit, however due to speed and gear configuration differences, not to mention brand loyalty, they would be more complimentary than competitive.

The Kingairs aren't very competitive with all the other attractive single engine turbine products availabe so I don't really see owning that line as a win for Textron.

Yes, because there are so many people running to SE turbines versus a twin. A twin, still has single engine capability. There are always going to be people not buying a PC-12/TBM850/PA-46 because they are singles

Yes, because there are so many people running to SE turbines versus a twin. A twin, still has single engine capability. There are always going to be people not buying a PC-12/TBM850/PA-46 because they are singles

Multi turbo prop is such a hot business these days.

As fuel prices and parts cost continue to increase it will continue to get hotter...:rolleyes2: $ talks.

I'd say most folks just skip kingair and go jet.

Multi turbo prop is such a hot business these days.

As fuel prices and parts cost continue to increase it will continue to get hotter...:rolleyes2: $ talks.

I'd say most folks just skip kingair and go jet.

Many have also gone the other direction and gone from jets to twin turbo props. Even the regional airlines dumped their RJs for TPs, now the RJs are on the routes that 737s used to run. King Air numbers aren't doing too bad.

http://www.flyingmag.com/news/aircraft-delivery-numbers-look-good-first-half-2013

Last edited:
Back