Texas set to pass open carry ..

..if it passes

Just about everyone I've talked to has said they won't open carry so I'll repeat my belief that it's going to be a non-event and I don't believe any talk about flamboyant Texans flashing their guns.

I don't want anyone to know I have guns, whether in my car or on me, or behind the door on the back porch at the farm. And most people I talk to who own guns don't either.

I don't advertise or have a dixie flag and a "This property protected by Smith & Wesson!" bumper sticker.. :nonod::lol:

ATT00228.jpg

Or they need something to argue about next session to run silly commercials about and all that, so they can get (re-)elected.

They're not there to serve you. Period. They're they're to serve their own interests first. Service isn't even a close second place.
Yup. And they swear to uphold the Constitution, but the Texas Penal Code in 46.02 clearly contradicts the Texas Constitution and these clowns kill good amendments that are "not germane" even though they have everything to do with the Texas Constitution.

Louisiana ostensibly has open carry, and is generally very pro-2A, has a constitutional pro-2A provision, and calls itself the "Sportsman's Paradise" (read: hunter), but I've never seen OC here (outside the bayou), including in cowboy-esque Texas border towns. (Lots of CC happening, despite the legendary heat and humidity.) I'm of the mind that our neighbors to the west would likely be similar. Be interesting to find out.

Back