Texas set to pass open carry ..

Re: I see your super blackhawk..

You guys are lucky in TX. In CA, you can't even carry in your own house/yard if it's not locked.

The ultimate in unnecessary drama. California. You guys export the stuff on DVD to make money. LOL

Something I really don't understand. If you have to apply for a permit to carry a concealed firearm but aren't allowed to simply carry a firearm on your person, doesn't that violate both the text and the spirit of the second amendment? You are being prohibited from bearing firearms!

Something I really don't understand. If you have to apply for a permit to carry a concealed firearm but aren't allowed to simply carry a firearm on your person, doesn't that violate both the text and the spirit of the second amendment? You are being prohibited from bearing firearms!

Yes..

Re: I see your super blackhawk..

There is a traveling loophole that would cover your scenario.

What loophole covers open carry of a firearm? MPA? That loophole only exists if you don't have a CHL... :(

I open carried a broom today. Can't figure out why the news media didn't care. Must not be any money in covering people carrying around inanimate objects.

Wait a second...

I open carried a broom today. Can't figure out why the news media didn't care. Must not be any money in covering people carrying around inanimate objects.

Wait a second...

But was the broom one of those black assault brooms?

But was the broom one of those black assault brooms?

Maybe he was using a euphemism for this, commonly called a "Street Sweeper"?

2nt9w2g.jpg

The only thing better than one AA12 auto shotgun is two AA12 auto shotguns! :yesnod::D

0.jpg

Open carry? Concealed carry? What is that?! I really need to move to a different state.

NJ is a communist "people's republic".
Until Texas gets constitutional carry, it's still behind Arizona.

Maybe he was using a euphemism for this, commonly called a "Street Sweeper"?

2nt9w2g.jpg

No stock and a ridiculous round magazine for shotgun shells? Methinks I'd need to see the doc about how much my wrist and hand hurt after taking that to the range. Ugh.

My concern with open carry is ... the bad guys see you first and you become the first target. I'd prefer they be surprised ... by the mussle flash.

RT

My concern with open carry is ... the bad guys see you first and you become the first target.

I doubt that.

BG may just as well decide to go after a softer target. Yes, there have been instances of armored car drivers being selectively murdered to get to the loot, but your usual drug addict who represents 98% of the robbery crowd is going to choose the path of least resistance.

I guess "Live by the sword, die by the sword...". :dunno:

I don't go in for pseudo-mysticism much.

Live by the toilet paper roll, die by falling down the stairs... is about as sensible an answer as the other phrase. (Both generally meaningless.)

I have to agree. I see nothing but trouble with open carry legislation. The level of paranoia in parts of the country is astounding. Concealed carry is the perfect balance. Texas will regret this experiment if they make it law. More head aches than anything else.

This "experiment" you speak of is legal in quite a few states already...

This "experiment" you speak of is legal in quite a few states already...

Like many other states, open carry has been legal in my state (PA) for decades. I have never seen a person Open Carry here unless it was at a gun rally to preserve 2A rights. It is extremely rare, as most choose to conceal carry. PA is a Shall Issue state so it is easy to get a concealed carry permit.

This will be a NON ISSSUE in Tejas.

I did see a fellow openly carrying in a Dollar General in Blue Ridge, GA a few months back.

Rare enough to be the exception that proves the rule - making it legal does not mean large numbers will choose to do so.

I did see a fellow openly carrying in a Dollar General in Blue Ridge, GA a few months back.

Rare enough to be the exception that proves the rule - making it legal does not mean large numbers will choose to do so.

Exactly. And with your background, you actually notice.

I get a kick out of noticing and then watching to see who else notices. It's almost impressive how oblivious to their surroundings that most folks are.

No stock and a ridiculous round magazine for shotgun shells? Methinks I'd need to see the doc about how much my wrist and hand hurt after taking that to the range. Ugh.

It appears to be the rare fully automatic Mossberg 500 Cruiser/Sweeper.

I anticipate that there will be a larger proportion to open carry in texas than elsewhere.

Because EVERYTHING is bigger there, or something more specific?

I'd really like it if the state house and senate could reconcile their two slightly different versions in conference committee and get it to the governor's desk. There is a ****ing contest going on right now in the Texas Ledge over OTHER issues that is derailing this and many other issues. I'd hate to see all this work go by the wayside because the session ran out of time while these old farts were stonewalling.

Good thing it was cool weather in Baltimore?

(Blaming the weather is as lame as all the other excuses for crimes.)

What am I 'blaming' the weather for ? It gets hot in TX, if someone wishes to carry, they may opt to carry openly rather than concealed simply for convenience sake.

And what does Baltimore have to do with it ? (interestingly, Maryland is an open-carry state. The 'wear and carry permit' doesn't specify that the handgun has to be concealed).

What am I 'blaming' the weather for ? It gets hot in TX, if someone wishes to carry, they may opt to carry openly rather than concealed simply for convenience sake.

And what does Baltimore have to do with it ? (interestingly, Maryland is an open-carry state. The 'wear and carry permit' doesn't specify that the handgun has to be concealed).

I misunderstood your comment as a sarcastic quip that overheated, extroverted Texans would be shooting up the place. LOL. ;) ;) ;)

I don't think either bill is going to pass at this point. Both chambers have had their vote, can claim to be 2A supporters, let both bills die and they go home and tell their constituents that they voted "for" gun "rights" (Not really, in this case it is special privileges for licensees) and they just ran out of time to get the differences resolved between the two chambers. They've done this kind of thing before with other bills. Shameful, but politics as usual.

Carry em but keep em concealed.
This is going to cause more drama than anything else.

Businesses vs Open Carriers
Open Carrier vs other open carriers and their **** measuring contests
Not to mention the idiot open carriers that will take it to extremes

No good will come from this.

Ahh come on, I can't possibly do concealed carry with a S&W 500. It's just too awesome to be hidden!

I don't think either bill is going to pass at this point. Both chambers have had their vote, can claim to be 2A supporters, let both bills die and they go home and tell their constituents that they voted "for" gun "rights" (Not really, in this case it is special privileges for licensees) and they just ran out of time to get the differences resolved between the two chambers. They've done this kind of thing before with other bills. Shameful, but politics as usual.

Or they need something to argue about next session to run silly commercials about and all that, so they can get (re-)elected.

They're not there to serve you. Period. They're they're to serve their own interests first. Service isn't even a close second place.

Back