Texas Aviation Association

Art Rose

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Art
There used to be a group that called themselves Texas Aviation Association, TXAA.
They had a group on the old Yahoo Groups, and it appears Groups is no more?

These folks provided assistance for airports with contacts, fund finding, etc., for airport deer fencing and several other common airport issues......

Does anyone out there know if TXAA still exists, and if they do, how you might contact them?

Wondered if this was an early April Fool joke, but if appeared in the last newsletter. I think it is legit.

"It was then announced by Jim that TXAA's board of directors met in February at Austin Executive Airport. There the officers discussed the agenda from last year's membership meeting as to the viability of TXAA. Due to decreasing membership, lack of a proper mission statement for the association and a lack of response from the flying public, the board voted unanimously to dissolve the association.

"
TXAA will continue to operate until the end of July, 2020. The board had voted to extend the end date just in case a "White Knight" might come along to breathe fresh life into TXAA. If none come forward to keep the association going, TXAA will officially close on July 31, 2020. After the board voted back in February 2020, no solicitations for memberships have been posted. Any member whether it be individual, business or corporate can request a refund of their current membership dues. Or, they may request that those monies be applied to the general fund of TXAA. No salary is paid to directors. It is an all-volunteer association. "Those funds will be donated to aviation related education services and projects, to be determined by the board of directors," said Jim Rank.

It has been a labor of love and a lot of fun."

Wondered if this was an early April Fool joke, but if appeared in the last newsletter. I think it is legit.

"It was then announced by Jim that TXAA's board of directors met in February at Austin Executive Airport. There the officers discussed the agenda from last year's membership meeting as to the viability of TXAA. Due to decreasing membership, lack of a proper mission statement for the association and a lack of response from the flying public, the board voted unanimously to dissolve the association.

"
TXAA will continue to operate until the end of July, 2020. The board had voted to extend the end date just in case a "White Knight" might come along to breathe fresh life into TXAA. If none come forward to keep the association going, TXAA will officially close on July 31, 2020. After the board voted back in February 2020, no solicitations for memberships have been posted. Any member whether it be individual, business or corporate can request a refund of their current membership dues. Or, they may request that those monies be applied to the general fund of TXAA. No salary is paid to directors. It is an all-volunteer association. "Those funds will be donated to aviation related education services and projects, to be determined by the board of directors," said Jim Rank.

It has been a labor of love and a lot of fun."
Interesting. I've been a Texas pilot for several decades and have never heard of this. Perhaps if we could get it some exposure and new members, the organization could continue. Alas, the website does not seem to be functional. :(

I was wondering what had happened to TXAA myself. It has been a number of years since I have heard anything about them.

I would be open to renewing my membership again.

Sad to hear they are shutting down, they were great help to many small airports across the state.

Back