Tesla stock plunge continues after Model S battery fire

Tesla hit $200 bucks last week and I sold my stock. I didn't bail, I enjoyed owning it, but I had to free up some funds for other investments and I realized a very good profit from it. If you go by the rule buy low and sell high, Tesla had to go. I'm very interested in what it does now and I'll keep watching it. Kind of sad to see it go though.

Glad to see capitalism at work! :yes:

Is that because Apple said they're looking to buy Tesla?

Nah, silly rumor that corrected itself today with a $10 drop before earnings were released after the close.

It's just a well run company that is growing nicely because the product is very well made.

Stock is now $249.00 with Morgan calling for an eventual $320.00

I'm going to take over from our favourite crazy hater and observe that despite the stock rally, there is a lot of uncertainty about Tesla's outlook, in my opinion. It's just a tough business they are in, for one thing. Also, their financial performance was highly dubious, with them hemorraging money out of cash-on-hand pile. The revenues grow, but expenses grow just as fast, and it's unclear which growth wins.

Well......., as Orville wright said, " no one will ever cross the ocean in one of these things. " unquote. When elon musk decides it's time, he will sell out to a big money cartel or possibly someone like toyota, already hep to battery's, etc. I think his company will prosper. There are always a lot of naysayers who often turn into , when success arrives, "I told you they'd make it "types.

Well......., as Orville wright said, " no one will ever cross the ocean in one of these things. " unquote. When elon musk decides it's time, he will sell out to a big money cartel or possibly someone like toyota, already hep to battery's, etc. I think his company will prosper. There are always a lot of naysayers who often turn into , when success arrives, "I told you they'd make it "types.

So was the media blurb the other day about Apple buying Tesla incorrect?

No clue, since I heard it on the radio driving, it was likely on NPR. I never really trust the accuracy of this stuff.

The Apple / Tesla "talks" were reports of an old discussion that Apple had with Tesla a year ago, certainly nothing that would provide this new catalyst.

The talks were described as "opportunities to work together", with speculation that Apple wanted to sell IOS into the cars, manage the entertainment/monitoring/charging via their OS and not really having Apple buy the company.

Now, that in no way means there aren't secret talks going on today in Cupertino, with the announcement to be made "a week from next Tuesday."

Back