Tesla stock plunge continues after Model S battery fire

He's an idiot and a Satan worshiper.
He does seem to have a lot in common with you. Many of you Tesla fanatics, seemed to be cut from similar molds.

Tesla has a reputation for catching on fire after running over a piece of debris. Some might conclude the Ford Pinto is also safer for emergency responders, the Tesla fire kept reigniting, water made the Tesla fire worse, and emergency responders had to cut in to the burning car to get to the battery while under a risk of explosion.
May not have a reputation YET but you are working on it
Tesla gained its own reputation for being an E-Pinto. Tesla and Tesla fanatics put themselves in the spotlight, by grandstanding rhetoric claiming how safe the Tesla and batteries are. So when reality knocks Tesla fanatics off the grandstand, their rhetoric backfired on their reputation.

Even much more so now.
It's ironic that a few weeks after Tesla, Elon Musk, and other Tesla fanatics downplay the dangers of Tesla batteries, risky designs and road debris; that there has been two other battery fires. One of which was another incident where road debris penetrated the armor and battery. Suggesting that the battery has insufficient armor for being put in such a vulnerable position. I'd imagine the Tesla has fairly low ground clearance, so it's probably somewhat shady to have a lightly armored battery pack close to the ground.
I have seen auto fuel tanks punctured by road debris, so I don't get his issue there either.
I've seen several gasoline tanks punctured by road debris, I've never seen one catch on fire first hand. Every highly charged lithium battery that I have seen punctured has caught on fire and or exploded.

I'm sure that some gasoline tanks have caught on fire after being punctured by road debris, but I get the impression that they are less likely to burn or explode in lithium batteries.

Years ago I was driving down the freeway and was boxed in by traffic. I was following a tractor-trailer. The tractor-trailer struck road debris, flinging the road debris in front of my vehicle. It was an old-fashioned curved guardrail end. I had a 20 gallon tank, with over 10 gallons of gasoline when I struck the guardrail end. The guardrail end, struck my differential, so the guardrail end bounced into the gas tank, slashing the gas tank from corner to corner. The opening was about 4 feet long, and about 6 inches wide at the maximum width. More than 10 gallons of gasoline, drained from my gas tank in about 3 seconds. I had a passenger as a witness, and I had a fire extinguisher as a precaution. Despite the exhaust pipe being behind the vehicle, and hot exhaust being somewhat near the gas tank, and despite the metal to metal impact at high speed, there was no fire or explosion.

Last edited:
Only by you. How did you arrive at this level of hatred?
I'm not being hateful. You Tesla fanatics are being hateful. You cannot handle facts and criticism.

What's wrong is your definition of anyone who doesn't share your anti-Tesla obsession as a "tesla fanatic."
I'm not anti-Tesla, I'm anti-hype/anti-lie. Your assertions are dishonest, ignorant and slanderous. You don't seem to be capable of intelligent civilized debate. You Tesla fanatics are like a bunch of spoiled crybabies. All it takes is a little bit of criticism and skepticism of Tesla, and you go off on tirades.

There's a huge space between those two poles of which you seem unaware.
Quite the contrary. You think anyone that is a moderate, that isn't a tesla fanatic, must be an extremist. The truth is you and your type are extremists. You and your type are at such an extreme pole of Tesla hype, you can't handle any realistic facts, skepticism or criticism of Tesla.

Every new application of technology has growing pains, and so far I'm not seeing anything in the Tesla accidents that has made Tesla drivers any more likely to be injured than drivers of other cars in similar accidents. There are fires in gasoline-powered cars every day, especially if you drive them through roundabout walls or go pole-vaulting in them. Those fires don't make the news because they're so common.
I'm aware of growing pains, I tried to warn you fanatics about them. You Tesla braggarts went out on a limb with hype. Now that the limb has collapsed, you want to blame everyone but yourselves.

Other vehicles have been on the roads for decades. Tesla is a newcomer. That's part of the warning that I tried to give you Tesla fanatics before, but you wouldn't take heed. As I warned several times before as Tesla and its batteries become older and if they continue to increase manufacturing, there is bound to be an increasing number of battery problems.

Part of the reason tesla makes the news, is because braggarts claimed Tesla and its batteries are extraordinarily safe. The reason the Tesla fires make such big news is because Tesla, it's rhetoric and Tesla fanatics are so far from reality. They have put themselves in the limelight and have gone out on a limb. So you only have yourselves to blame.

If you actually read the third story you've posted, you might have noted that in each of the three accidents, the drivers involved have asked for another Tesla. If drivers who've actually experienced these fires still want the car, it speaks much louder than your tiresome, childish campaign.
So if heroin addicts, are eager to go out and do heroin again after overdosing on heroine; that means heroine is good? (An analogy pointing out the absurdiy and ignorance of your childish assertions.)

I bet you Tesla fanatics wouldn't want to even seriously consider, that Tesla may have offered "incentives" to stay with the brand. Kind of like, hush money. I bet you're not willing to be an adult by seriously considering the possibility of an out-of-court settlement as public relation damage control. :rolleyes:

He does seem to have a lot in common with you. Many of you Tesla fanatics, seemed to be cut from similar molds.

I'm a Tesla fanatic? I'd call you retarded but that would be an insult to the retarded. Keep on spreading misery and doing Satan's bidding, you will be rewarded in Hell.

I'm a Tesla fanatic? I'd call you retarded but that would be an insult to the retarded. Keep on spreading misery and doing Satan's bidding, you will be rewarded in Hell.
It seems fanatical and ignorant to think it wouldn't require any engineering, to design an automated fire suppression system for tesla batteries.

Tesla fanatics have been making attacks against me for my skepticism and criticism of Tesla.

So was it so ignorant and crazy to suspect that Tesla batteries would have problems? I wouldn't put it beyond paranoid and slanderous Tesla fanatics, to suggest that I sabotaged Tesla vehicles, to short the stock. :rolleyes2:

It didn't take much to see the Tesla fanatics were out on a limb bragging about Tesla's safety and "safe batteries". Setting yourself up for a hard fall. Now that you been hurt by your own arrogance and ignorance; you're trying to blame others for your own faults. You got egg on your face.

October 3rd, 2013, 11:56 AM
One fire? Meh.
Mark my words, there will be more.

No Joy August 2nd, 2013, 12:04 PM
Upside:
From a performance aspect, lithium batteries are some of the best with current technology. Lithium batteries are generally less harmful to the environment than some batteries.

Downside:
Lithium batteries also tend to be more of a fire and explosive hazard than most other batteries.

Lipo Battery Fire
http://youtu.be/C5_-eBbDE0s

It will be interesting to see how well the Tesla batteries hold up as they become older and when/if they grow in popularity.

As the lithium car batteries age, and more of them get involved in accidents, and exposed to water and other chemicals; I suspect there will be more fires and explosions involving vehicles with lithium batteries.
Not that I necessarily think Tesla's batteries are any worse or better than other manufacturers. My point is batteries tend to be dangerous, especially high-performance batteries like lithium. As they gain popularity, get older and get involved in more accidents; there is going to be more notable lithium battery fires and explosions.
Tesla confirms 3rd fire in a Model S hatchback in five weeks
http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-tesla-stock-20131108,0,3341290.story#axzz2kBP6mf8x

In a fitting finale to a week Tesla Motors executives would rather forget, a law firm announced Friday that it had filed a class-action suit against the electric car maker for allegedly misleading investors over the fire risk posed by the company’s Model S sedan.
http://blog.sfgate.com/energy/2013/11/08/tesla-model-s-fires-lead-to-investor-lawsuit/

I doubt the rate of tesla fires will be so high in the immediate future. But as time rolls on, it's likely to be more commonplace and less of a media sensation. One of the big reasons it was a media sensation, is because tesla and tesla fanatics went out on a limb and overhyped safety. It's now coming back to haunt them.

Last edited:
You are the only one proving to be fanatic, fanatically negative about everything. You are a fanatic about misery. No wonder No Joy is your chosen moniker.

You are the only one proving to be fanatic, fanatically negative about everything. You are a fanatic about misery. No wonder No Joy is your chosen moniker.
Hypocrisy. I'm a realist, you are fanatically negative.

You've been fanatically preaching end times negativity, claiming that Pacific Islands are sinking and being evacuated because of MMGW, Colorado has recently been hit by two hurricanes because of MMGW, and seemingly you believe the twin tower collapse was controlled demolition. You're not only negative, you are nutty. I think you're moniker is appropriate, as you act hysterical like a mother hen.

The fact is there are many sound reasons to be skeptical and critical of Tesla. The fact is many people have good reasons not to like Tesla.

George Clooney Disliked His 2008 Tesla (TSLA) Roadster So Much He Dumped It Off At A Charity Auction
http://www.ibtimes.com/george-cloon...-so-much-he-dumped-it-charity-auction-1464770

I [Clooney] had a Tesla. I was one of the first cats with a Tesla. I think I was, like, number five on the list. But I’m telling you, I’ve been on the side of the road a while in that thing. And I said to them, ‘Look, guys, why am I always stuck on the side of the f***ing road? Make it work, one way or another.’ ”
About six weeks ago Elon Musk claimed:
That equates to 1 vehicle fire for every 20 million miles driven, compared to 1 fire in over 100 million miles for Tesla.
http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/model-s-fire

Six weeks later the statistics are more comparable. Tesla now has about 1 reported vehicle fire in about 30 million miles.

Most of the Tesla's that are on the road, are relatively new. I suspect as insulators and electrolytes breakdown, that there will be more Tesla battery fires.

I also question the wisdom of Tesla seemingly encouraging its customers to charge at higher rates. Charging at a higher rate is a convenience and may be necessary for those that put a lot of miles on a vehicle daily; however I'm under the impression that battery life tends to decrease at higher charge rates, and higher charge rates tend to increase the odds for fire and/or explosion. Generally charging at higher rates compromises battery life and safety.

Last edited:
Elon Musk nuts, ignorant and/or dishonest?

Elon Musk says “there’s definitely not going to be a recall” of the company’s Model S sedan.
Government, Not Musk, Will Have Final Word on Tesla Recall
http://www.businessweek.com/news/20...nge-on-whether-design-or-luck-caused-fires#p1

So is Elon Musk:

• Is he admitting that he is unconcerned about public safety? He doesn't care if there possibly is design flaws with the tesla S? He is unwilling to voluntarily issue more recalls if there are design flaws that jeopardize public safety?

• He is unaware that government can mandate recalls?

• Is he saying he would be defiant if there was a government mandated recall?

• Is he saying, that he already greased the palms of government authorities, to ensure there is no recall? Is he admitting to bribes?

• Is he hyping, to try to keep investors from running? (Dishonest damage control/denial)

By prematurely claiming there isn't going to be any recall, I think he's putting the company at risk of liability. It seems he is trying to prejudice the public and possibly the investigation.

Elon Musk is planning a supersonic electric-powered hovering jet
http://www.slashgear.com/elon-musk-is-planning-a-supersonic-electric-powered-hovering-jet-04245866/

To the Moon, Alice! (Make that Mars)
http://www.uncommonwisdomdaily.com/to-the-moon-alice-make-that-mars-17375
Musk says his goal is to land humans on Mars in the next 10-20 years

Elon Musk and/or his fan boys/fanatics don't know math, and/or are they deliberately trying to be misleading? They seem to be using the same statistics after the first fire, the statistics have changed significantly, so they are very similar to gasoline cars.

Tesla founder Elon Musk: A gas car is 5 times more likely to catch fire than a Tesla
http://gigaom.com/2013/11/12/tesla-...times-more-likely-to-catch-fire-than-a-tesla/

I think Elon Musk is a lot like Kevin Trudeau.

Kevin Trudeau Found Guilty of Contempt for Misleading Infomercials About Weight-Loss Book
http://abcnews.go.com/US/kevin-trud...leading-infomercials-weight/story?id=20868364

Maybe someday there will be a supersonic electric powered hovering jet, but I suspect it would be a long time before becoming a reality and practical, and I doubt Elon Musk would bring to reality.

I suspect someday mankind will go to Mars, but I doubt Elon Musk would bring it to fruition and I am skeptical it will be done in the next 10-20 years.

Like they say, often there is a fine line between madness and genius. I think Elon Musk like many people, may step back and forth between that line. Don't think that it is a contradiction to say he is an idiot and a genius. Most geniuses are idiots about some things. Not that being a nutty risk taker is always a good thing, within reason it often is a requirement to be on the cutting edge of technology. From what I know of him, I would class him more of a pitchman, then an inventor/manufacture.

Not sure it would sell as well, because it wouldn't have the cool factor, something like a pickup truck with a higher ground clearance might be better at avoiding road debris.

Tesla Stock Sees Pickup As CEO Plans To Build Trucks
http://news.investors.com/technolog...ock-rises-as-elon-musk-plans-pickup-truck.htm

CNN business did a good interview with the CEO of tesla ,surprised the stock is going down.

Three workers burned at Tesla plant

3 people injured in industrial accident at Tesla's Calif. plant
DETROIT (Reuters) -- Three people were injured at Tesla Motors Inc.'s factory in California on Wednesday after a low-pressure aluminum casting press failed, the company
http://www.autonews.com/article/201...-accident-at-teslas-calif-plant#axzz2kZ8maUhO
Oh stop it...
The only reason why this made the news is because...surprise!...it's a Tesla factory. There have been countless injuries at GM, Ford and Chrysler plants throughout very recent history. Even deaths, for that matter.
As for your criticism of Musk, he has more vision in his left pinkie than most of us do in toto.

Despite every time NoJoy claims the "stock is plunging" the fact is it is up 300% from a year ago. The biggest "plunge" that has occurred is a 18% drop but there's been similar gains and not surprising in a high alpha tech stock.

Back to the topic - it is not the car, it is the battery.
Lithium batteries are temperamental. Fires from lithium batteries in RC Helicopters are well known to happen without warning or crash damage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy2wZmvPpTI
As lithium becomes more common in aircraft and transportation they will get a handle on it.
BTW you cannot put out a lithium fire with water (it will explode).
And in general you can't put it out once it is going. The internal short circuit heats the lithium to reaction temperature where it then becomes self sustaining.

As for your criticism of Musk, he has more vision in his left pinkie than most of us do in toto.
Elon Musk is a pitch man. Elon Musk and his fan girls, have been misleading. Some of Elon Musk and his fan girls "visions" seem more like lies, delusions and/or hallucinations.

Elon Musk and his fan girls claimed that the first Tesla fire was only a fluke and that the media and public were overblowing the threat. Yet five weeks later there have been two more Tesla car battery fires.

Elon Musk claimed he doesn't talk up the stock. Yet he talked up his own products, and talked down the competition. Musk advised people to invest in Tesla stock.

Headlines About Model S Fires 'Misleading' - Musk (TSLA)
http://www.streetinsider.com/Confer...S+Fires+Misleading+-+Musk+(TSLA)/8877416.html

"Two (injuries) sound relatively minor, one more serious," Tesla CEO Elon Musk said
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/3-workers-burned-at-Tesla-plant-4980999.php

Allegedly 3 workers were burned by spilling molten aluminum, and required hospitalization. Two of the workers seemingly had to spend overnight in the burns unit. Yet Elon Musk and many of his fan girls are trying to spin it as 2 workers with minor injuries one more serious.

Burn victims sometimes die from opportunistic secondary infections. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if an employee died from a burn related infection from the industrial accident, that Elon Musk and many of his fan girls would deny that it was related to the industrial accident. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if an employee died from a burn related infection, that the corner would be influenced into ruling natural causes.

If Elon Musk and his fan girls were burned by molten aluminum, do you really think they would call it minor injuries?

If Elon Musk and his fan girls were burned by molten aluminum from an internal combustion automotive manufacturer (competitor), do you really think they would call it minor injuries?

If Elon Musk and his fan girls, are such a great visionaries, then why didn't they foresee the fire risk dangers of having a vehicle with such a low ground clearance, have a battery mounted so close to the ground, with so little armor protection? If Elon Musk and his fan girls are such a visionaries, then how come there isn't a real effort to investigate the cause of the fire and find a solution (issue a recall if necessary)? It doesn't take much brains or much foresight/vision to figure out that putting a lithium battery so close to the road with so little armor, is dangerous.

Tesla, Elon Musk, and his fan girls are another example of corporate greed.

I thought metal diecasting generally produces a more weaker, more brittle product. It would be ironic if Tesla uses cast aluminum to shield its batteries. It would be especially ironic, if the press that failed was manufacturing components for the battery shield.
it is not the car, it is the battery.
Wrong. The battery may be part of the problem, but it's wrong to scapegoat the battery. It's a cultural issue. Tesla chose to use lithium batteries. Tesla, Elon Musk, and his fan girls are not accepting the responsibility that is necessary to use lithium batteries properly (safely).

Lithium batteries are temperamental. Fires from lithium batteries in RC Helicopters are well known to happen without warning or crash damage.
That's well known. Tesla, Elon Musk, and his fan girls seem unaware and/or uncaring of the dangers of lithium batteries. That's why I'm skeptical of Tesla's apparent practices of seemingly encouraging people to charge batteries at a higher rate, where they are more likely to catch fire, explode and/or reduce the lifespan of the battery.

Lithium batteries often catch fire and or explode if they are punctured, overheated (IE drained or charged too quickly).

BTW you cannot put out a lithium fire with water (it will explode).
And in general you can't put it out once it is going. The internal short circuit heats the lithium to reaction temperature where it then becomes self sustaining.
That's part of the point I'm making. Elon Musk, and his fan girls are idiots.

It was Tesla's Elon Musk that directed emergency responders to put water on lithium battery fires. When emergency responders tried putting water on the Tesla fire, it flared up, died down and reignited. Reportedly emergency responders successfully put out the fire after cutting to access the battery. Reportedly when emergency responders followed tesla guidelines, it made the fire worse. When emergency responders went against Tesla's advice, emergency responders were able to put out the fire. Yet Tesla, Elon Musk and his fan girls blamed/scapegoated the firefighters.

In an incident report released under Washington state's public records law, firefighters wrote that they appeared to have Tuesday's fire under control, but the flames reignited. Crews found that water seemed to intensify the fire, so they began using a dry chemical extinguisher

After dismantling the front end of the vehicle and puncturing holes in the battery pack, responders used a circular saw to cut an access hole in the front section to apply water to the battery, according to documents. Only then was the fire extinguished.
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/10/03/tesla-says-car-fire-began-in-battery-after-crash/

Elon Musk:
When the fire department arrived, they observed standard procedure, which was to gain access to the source of the fire by puncturing holes in the top of the battery's protective metal plate and applying water. For the Model S lithium-ion battery, it was correct to apply water
http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/model-s-fire

I get the impression that Elon Musk is again misrepresenting the facts. I get the impression that firefighters tried to put out with water first without going through puncturing or cutting access holes. I get the impression tried to get more direct access to the battery after other methods failed.

Last edited:
Tesla hyping its books to inflate its stock prices? Cooking their books and rhetoric like the government?

Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) Financials Didn’t Comply GAAP
http://www.efinancehub.com/tesla-motors-inc-nasdaqtsla-financials-didnt-comply-gaap/126311.html

Consider the company’s news release previous week releasing its third quarter financial results. The headline said the auto maker had Net income (non GAAP) of 16 million dollars....

...The firm postponed until page four to show that it had a third quarter net loss of 38 million dollars under GAAP
Elon Musk and his fan girls complain when the media expresses different opinions and criticism. Elon Musk and his fan girls seem to think the media and public opinion should be puppets of Elon Musk and his fan girls.Elon Musk and his fan girls seem to object to free press, and free speech.

Tesla Factory had Previous Violation
http://www.pddnet.com/news/2013/11/tesla-factory-had-previous-violation

The California Division of Occupational Safety and Health fined Tesla $2,700 last year for a serious violation at the Fremont factory that was uncovered during an accident investigation.

Agency spokesman Peter Melton said investigators found a hydraulic power press did not have a proper stop control. At least one person was injured, but Melton did not know the extent of the injuries.
http://www.mantecabulletin.com/section/140/article/90810/

worker lost a fingertip two years ago.
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/State-opens-probe-into-Tesla-plant-injuries-4982904.php

When Clooney first got his Tesla, Tesla fan girls praised Clooney and were thrilled with the media coverage. However after Clooney discovered and disclosed disclosed to the media that the Tesla did not live up to the hype, and had chronic problems; Tesla fan girls turned on Clooney and the media.

Is there a reason you're serving as Tesla news aggregator? All of this has been front and center in the news.

No Joy: still ****ed his TSLA short play didn't work.

How couldn't his short have worked? When he started this thread on Oct 3, TSLA was at $173. It is now at $135.

That is a $380k profit. No Joy should be happier than hell for such easy money.

How couldn't his short have worked? When he started this thread on Oct 3, TSLA was at $173. It is now at $135.

That is a $380k profit. No Joy should be happier than hell for such easy money.

Sure, but what'd the stock do prior to the angry thread?

Sure, but what'd the stock do prior to the angry thread?

I am guessing he was smart enough to be Long on the way up. He seems to know everything about the company. It had to make him rich, rich, rich!!!

Tesla Model S on Fire - Zweiter Tesla in Mexiko abgebrannt
http://youtu.be/Nw6GWBl-Q_8

The Tesla fire in Mexico was from an actual crash. Whereas the other two Tesla car fires were only from running over road debris. 6 mm of aluminum may not be enough protection, especially considering how little ground clearance the vehicle has and how close the battery is to the ground. It could be a significant design flaw.

Tesla Model S on Fire - Zweiter Tesla in Mexiko abgebrannt
http://youtu.be/Nw6GWBl-Q_8

The Tesla fire in Mexico was from an actual crash. Whereas the other two Tesla car fires were only from running over road debris. 6 mm of aluminum may not be enough protection, especially considering how little ground clearance the vehicle has and how close the battery is to the ground. It could be a significant design flaw.

Here is one with that other flammable item most of us carry in our cars, gasoline. No wreck here either, just some organic matter that is laying all over the ground this time of year.

Wow, that stuff looks dangerous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=381m_qldNn8

Last week a low pressure press at the factory in Fremont blows up burning line workers. Need a Nomex suit, to be around anything Tesla:hairraise:

For as few Teslas that are on the road and as new as they are, they are having a lot of fires. It's ironic that Elon Musk and his fan girls were bragging about how safe tesla batteries are, yet Tesla has had three battery fires in five weeks. Elon Musk and his fan girls tried to claim that the first one was just a fluke, yet five weeks later there has been two other fires.

Allegedly Tesla filed a patent for additional battery protection over a year ago, which would suggest that Tesla knew that it's existing battery protection was insufficient.

Not including the additional battery protection, and Elon Musk seemingly defiant about possible recalls; I think is possibly putting Tesla in a position of liability.

Tesla Filed Patent For Improved Battery Protection A Year Ago
gas2.org/2013/11/15/tesla-filed-patent-improved-battery-protection-year-ago/

it also suggests that Tesla knew that the quarter-inch aluminum armor wasn’t enough protection from either road debris or fires.
Tesla and fan girls have put Tesla in the spotlight with their hype of Tesla, now that Tesla is in the spotlight it is clear that the hype doesn't match the facts. Now they're complaining about the news coverage, after they are the ones that put it in the limelight.

Last edited:
Yes it's a. Religion but we have freedom of religion. The chickens will com home to roost soon enough. Don't get your panties waded up over it. Sit back and enjoy the show. No one has passed a law yet saying you have to buy one.

Yes it's a. Religion but we have freedom of religion. The chickens will com home to roost soon enough. Don't get your panties waded up over it. Sit back and enjoy the show. No one has passed a law yet saying you have to buy one.
Like all religions, I'm disappointed that they fall very short.

I am entertained by some of the antics, but I'm also very disappointed. Tesla being a predominantly American company, I would like it to succeed. I think they are making a few bad judgments and overhyping which is jeopardizing their future.

Feds look into 3rd Tesla Model S fire in six weeks
http://www.upi.com/Business_News/20...Model-S-fire-in-six-weeks/UPI-86281384684200/

The third battery fire involving a Tesla Model S in six weeks has drawn the attention of the watchdog National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

The federal agency sent investigators to Smyrna, Tenn., outside Nashville, last week to examine the charred body of a Model S that caught fire after hitting a trailer hitch in the middle of a lane on Interstate 24.

I find the following presentation very interesting. I get the impression there are some errors and misconceptions, however I feel it does make many good points and asks many good questions.

http://www.slideshare.net/lewisglar...odel-s-battery-thermal-runawayoctober-16-2013

Rats jumping ship and taking golden parachutes?

Insider Trades: World’s First Tesla Model S Owner Sells Nearly 79,000 Shares Of TSLA, Rakes In $9.53M
http://www.ibtimes.com/insider-trad...s-nearly-79000-shares-tsla-rakes-953m-1474310

Days after Gregory Reichow, a Tesla Motors Inc. (NADAQ:TSLA) vice president, sold 15,000 shares of TSLA for a profit of $1.6 million, one of the board directors for the Palo Alto-based luxury electric car manufacturer sold near 79,000 shares of the company, raking in $9.53 million and representing 52 percent of his current stock options.

According to a Tesla filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission posted after markets closed on Friday, Stephen Jurvetson, managing director of venture capital firm Draper Fisher Jurvetson and board director at Tesla, bought the shares on Nov. 13 for different strike prices between $6.63 and $30.08 and immediately sold them for an average price of $140.50 per share.
Insider Trades: Tesla (TSLA) Manufacturing VP Gregory Reichow Sells 15,000 Shares Of His Company
http://www.ibtimes.com/insider-trad...eichow-sells-15000-shares-his-company-1470440

According to a Tesla filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission posted after markets closed on Wednesday, Reichlow, the head of Tesla’s powertrain manufacturing, bought the shares on Nov. 8 at a strike price of $25.27 and immediately sold them for $133.28. Between the earnings report on November 5 and Reichow's sale, Tesla's shares had fallen nearly 22 percent.

It seems that despite crash ratings, statistically Chevy Volt's batteries are much safer than Tesla's.

Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) May Take Tips From GM To Prevent Fire Issues
http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/11/tesla-motors-inc-tsla-may-take-tips-from-gm-on-fire/

GM’s Engineering Chief said that the company has sold 58,000 Chevy Volts since the launch in 2010. Fletcher also said that, despite 300 million miles on the road, not a single incident has occurred similar to that of the Model S, though there were some fire issues in 2011 at the crash-testing phase.

The three fire incidents were a surprise as Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) had secured the highest safety ranking from authorities, and also has a first responders guide in place. It looks as though the design will have to include more a durable undercarriage protection to avert more incidents.

It seems like Tesla is coming under scrutiny for possible security & exchange violations.

Tesla hyping its books to inflate its stock prices? Cooking their books and rhetoric like the government?

Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) Financials Didn’t Comply GAAP
http://www.efinancehub.com/tesla-motors-inc-nasdaqtsla-financials-didnt-comply-gaap/126311.html

Consider the company’s news release previous week releasing its third quarter financial results. The headline said the auto maker had Net income (non GAAP) of 16 million dollars....

...The firm postponed until page four to show that it had a third quarter net loss of 38 million dollars under GAAP
Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA)’s GAAP Is Under Investigation By Wohl & Fruchter LLP
http://www.gaininggreen.com/tesla-m...er-investigation-by-wohl-fruchter-llp/124743/

Federal securities law alleges that Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA)’s directors and officers has violated Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) policy regarding the revelation of financial metrics, so a leading law firm Wohl & Fruchter LLP, start investigating the issue so that to find the culprit.

Like all religions, I'm disappointed that they fall very short.

I am entertained by some of the antics, but I'm also very disappointed. Tesla being a predominantly American company, .

Feds look into 3rd Tesla Model S fire in six weeks
I find the following presentatio...c-tsla-why-the-stock-will-crash-more-than-50/

It seems that despite crash ratings, statistically Chevy Volt's batteries are much safer than Tesla's.

Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) May Take Tips From GM To Prevent Fire Issues
http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/11/tesla-motors-inc-tsla-may-take-tips-from-gm-on-fire/

It seems like Tesla is coming under scrutiny for possible security & exchange violations.

You ever get the feeling nobody else really cares that much about your strange obsession about Tesla?

And, you do realise, that anybody with access to the Internet and Google could likely find everyone of these articles you link to?

Your mind is likely a fascinating study in how it works, that somehow you can enjoy conversations with yourself.

You ever get the feeling nobody else really cares that much about your strange obsession about Tesla?

And, you do realise, that anybody with access to the Internet and Google could likely find everyone of these articles you link to?

Your mind is likely a fascinating study in how it works, that somehow you can enjoy conversations with yourself.

This.

The whole thing is annoying and bizarre. Perhaps a thread that needs to be locked (hint, hint)?

I like talking to myself. I'm always interested in what I have to say.

I often talk to myself, but the conversations include far more intelligent dialogue than this thread.

Back