TERMINATING MEMBERSHIP

David Moeslein

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
DAVID
Please advise how I can TERMINATE my membership/association here.

I need to ELIMINATE all postings that I have made, responded to, been responded to, etc.

It is haunting me in the real world.

Please advise.

I need to ELIMINATE all postings that I have made, responded to, been responded to, etc.

Please advise.

See this thread. Your question was already answered there by the MC and former MC.
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35836

Personally, anything that I wrote in response to you is my post and I do not request that any of my posts on this topic be removed. I think you are out of line requesting that other people's postings be removed.

You made your own bed, now you will have to sleep in it. You showed once again, by posting the way that you did, that you do not demonstrate good judgment. What is haunting you in the "real world" is your actions.

Last edited:
I find it ironic that, by continuing to post here, David is perpetuating the "membership" he wishes to terminate. I'm sorry he's having problems in "real life" due to postings here, but it's a sober reminder to be careful what you post online. It doesn't go away.

Ah, remember that cartoon?

"On the Internet, no one knows you're a dog"

Rule of thumb for all - if you don't want it printed in the newspaper/published on Facebook/showing up on your security clearance background check, then don't write it online.

Or if you do, write it under an alias.

Last edited:

Please advise.
You want respect in the "real world"? Too late, cyber is the real world today, you stand by your posts , man up , Admit they are yours and that is how you feel. Lies , games and concealment is futile and immature, only proving further your lack of judgment and your lack of accountability. A REAL MAN can stand up and say YES. I did that. . You are obviously at the mercy of your own lack of integrity. DaveR

The net is not the real world. Use an alias people.

But yes, keep inferences to your real life out of the internet or expect them to haunt you in the future.

The greater difficulty is this: even if we were to delete every post a participant ever made, it is not as if the record of those posts would be eliminated; every search engine's bot / crawler has long since made an indelible record of every thing ever posted here.

Any user, so long as they remain a registered user, can edit their own posts and change the content thereof, but that does not allow them to change any posts in which the same poster's content was quoted and commented upon.

Please advise.
Perhaps the best thing you can do now is to write a book about your experience. In this day and age it might be a best seller. Even if it isn't, perhaps you can turn a light on in the heads of some of these young idiots that post all sorts of stupid and demeaning stuff all over the net and live to regret it.

And moreover, If you seek REAL world answers to REAL world aviation questions , Dont ask them here. We all come here to learn, but this forum , which does have a few good people with good intentions, Is also frocked with a few jack-asses that have nothing else to do 24/7 than to come here to belittle and insult others in circle-jerk fashion. There are 4 or 5 of them (We all know them), and they are ALWAYS here. We ALL have to sift between their ramblings in effort to get descent answers. Kinda sucks from time to time.

But yes, keep inferences to your real life out of the internet or expect them to haunt you in the future.

Better words have not been spoken. Nobody is anonymous, but why make it EASY on other people to find you...

Um better yet, don't say stuff that will haunt you later...

Um better yet, don't say stuff that will haunt you later...
And don't think that just because you haven't posted anything under your real name that someone else hasn't. A search of the OPs name also brings up his FAA case on a law site. A search of my own name brings up all kinds of interesting things, some of them aren't me though. :D

And moreover, If you seek REAL world answers to REAL world aviation questions , Dont ask them here. We all come here to learn, but this forum , which does have a few good people with good intentions, Is also frocked with a few jack-asses that have nothing else to do 24/7 than to come here to belittle and insult others in circle-jerk fashion. There are 4 or 5 of them (We all know them), and they are ALWAYS here. We ALL have to sift between their ramblings in effort to get descent answers. Kinda sucks from time to time.

I think you'll find that this is endemic to most any Internet board, but I think you may have confused us with a Board of Another Color; we enforce a policy which does not accept abusive or personally-insulting behavior. If what you describe has occurred, by all means let us know so it can be dealt with.

Hmmm....methinks ye be confused... :confused:

And don't think that just because you haven't posted anything under your real name that someone else hasn't. A search of the OPs name also brings up his FAA case on a law site. A search of my own name brings up all kinds of interesting things, some of them aren't me though. :D

His POA profile is the #1 result in a Google search.

but that does not allow them to change any posts in which the same poster's content was quoted and commented upon.
On the other hand (and while I agree with everything that's been said), the author could make a case for copyright infringement depending on how much of his post was quoted and depending on whether or not the reply in question criticized and commented on his original post. There's some case law now where even the act of providing commentary on someone else's writing can be construed as infringement....

PoA would hopefully not be liable, but there's always the above possibility to consider......

-Felix

A search of my own name brings up all kinds of interesting things, some of them aren't me though. :D

Sometimes it's nice not having a unique name. I don't show up on the first four pages of an ego search. There are lots of other me's out there.:wink2:

On the other hand (and while I agree with everything that's been said), the author could make a case for copyright infringement depending on how much of his post was quoted and depending on whether or not the reply in question criticized and commented on his original post. There's some case law now where even the act of providing commentary on someone else's writing can be construed as infringement....

PoA would hopefully not be liable, but there's always the above possibility to consider......

-Felix

Not likely. Posting on a board such as this grants at least an implied license to reproduce on the board.

Sometimes it's nice not having a unique name. I don't show up on the first four pages of an ego search. There are lots of other me's out there.:wink2:
My other me is a journalist for Bloomberg so she get a lot of hits but I hold my own with about a third of them. I learned something interesting about myself today too...

My other me is a journalist for Bloomberg so she get a lot of hits but I hold my own with about a third of them. I learned something interesting about myself today too...

I just noticed your sig line, and how it clearly relates to this thread:

You can't unring a bell...

Quotation of a post by another, in an Internet forum, is precisely the essence of the "fair use" doctrine.

Quotation of a post by another, in an Internet forum, is precisely the essence of the "fair use" doctrine.
It is, and it isn't. A lot of it depends on how/what you quote, and where you reside....

Just pointing out that this isn't quite as easy as telling the OP "bad luck". It can come back to haunt others, too.

It is, and it isn't. A lot of it depends on how/what you quote, and where you reside....

Just pointing out that this isn't quite as easy as telling the OP "bad luck". It can come back to haunt others, too.

Sue me.

Really? Do you have a cite for this. I just did a quick search of the case law and can find no such holding.

This whole thread reminds me of how, as a youngster, when I really wanted to hide something from my parents......(I broke a window / got a bad grade / I cut myself bad etc).....despite my very best efforts to hide that thing, somehow I managed to accidentally bring the full force of my parent's critical, inspecting eyes on it!

Really? Do you have a cite for this. I just did a quick search of the case law and can find no such holding.

You will find it in the same place you find the Lear Baron.

Sometimes it's nice not having a unique name.

My name is sadly quite unique. (Well, except for that punk rocker who is not me....)

I work for a major search engine. I know that if I post in a public forum, then what I say is public -- and connecting it back to me is usually not that hard, even if I try to post anonymously. So I just put my real name on posts, and hope that my posts today will drown out the postings I made on Usenet under my real name when I was 12 years old... :hairraise:

Chris

My name is sadly quite unique. (Well, except for that punk rocker who is not me....)

I work for a major search engine. I know that if I post in a public forum, then what I say is public -- and connecting it back to me is usually not that hard, even if I try to post anonymously. So I just put my real name on posts, and hope that my posts today will drown out the postings I made on Usenet under my real name when I was 12 years old... :hairraise:

Chris

Did you ever sell that Amiga 500? :goofy:

I got a phone call about this time last year from someone who tracked me down...

You know what's strange...

Again, with the not taking responsibility. This guy whines about his posts being still here, including the quoted ones, yet he's not taken the initiative himself to delete his own, after being told multiple times to do so.

Why should the mods/admins do anything for this joker?

I have to say I am quite disappointed. Having had some less than pleasant dealings with the authorities myself, I felt some sympathy for the OP's plight and came to his defense. However, the current round is simply petulance.

It would take some work, but if he deleted his own posts, then contacted those who quoted him, he could request they delete those posts that contained his quotes. My hope would be that members would do so, especially if they were affecting him professionally. My experience has been that this is a pretty good group.

It wouldn't be that hard, he was not a prolific poster and most of his musings are in threads he started concerning his plight. I can understand the first "please delete my stuff" post, he might have thought there was a "smite" button that could be pushed by one of our helpful moderators. Pity for him there isn't, but the solution really isn't that bad.

Well i have noticed that in both of of the OP's latest threads, he posts his demands but then does not come back to read any responses. I guess he is assuming that his demands are being met.

Well i have noticed that in both of of the OP's latest threads, he posts his demands but then does not come back to read any responses. I guess he is assuming that his demands are being met.

I never make it a policy to assume my demands are being met unless I have a C-4 vest on and a dead-man switch.

I guess he is assuming that his demands are being met.

Except that he asked for the same action twice, so he must have noticed his first request didn't happen.

It might be easier for him to just go to the county courthouse and change his name. "Douglas Corrigan" might be a good choice...

Back