Temperatur for G5 with Software 6.2

TimRF79

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
I have in my plane a CGR-30 combo with an OAT probe, connected to a 430W, which is connected to a dual G5.
Does anyone know, if the CGR-30 can feed the OAT tot he 430W and then the 430W can feed the OAT to the G5?
Or is there a way to have the CGR 30 send the OAt direct to the G5?

Asking as I think the G5 needs OAT for TAS, which is needed to calculate outside wind speed and direction.

It can't. Garmin clarified over on Beechtalk that the G5 can only display OAT/air data when used in connection with a G3x or Txi setup.

Oh, what a shame...
G3x/ Txi installs are not exactly cheap.

I have in my plane a CGR-30 combo with an OAT probe, connected to a 430W, which is connected to a dual G5.
Does anyone know, if the CGR-30 can feed the OAT tot he 430W and then the 430W can feed the OAT to the G5?
Or is there a way to have the CGR 30 send the OAt direct to the G5?

Asking as I think the G5 needs OAT for TAS, which is needed to calculate outside wind speed and direction.

You need this and a software update. No, there is no other way to interface existing OAT data back through other panel mounted avionics other than the G3X setup

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/avpages/garmingad13.php

Yes, if you are buying the bare GAD13 without the probe, you’ll need to buy the connector kit as well.

Back