Tell your congressman to make registration data private

Discussion in 'Flight Following' started by Ace66, Jul 26, 2019.

1. lancie00

lancie00 Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    lancie00
    I'm a farmer. I buy tons of fertilizer and 1000 gallons of diesel fuel at a time. I have a friend named Al. I'm not doing anything wrong but I don't want people to follow me because they MIGHT THINK I'M DOING SOMETHING WRONG, even when I'm not.

What if you went to Joe's knives and bought a new fillet knife for fishing, then your neighbor get's murdered with a knife. I bet you wish they didn't know you went to Joe's now, do you?

2. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior Pre-Flight

Display Name:

Display name:
    Mr T
    So instead, they view the surveillance video from Joe's, see you there, and say, "Ah ha! You kept your trip to Joe's a secret!" LOL

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    lancie00 likes this.
  3. flyingron

flyingron Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    FlyingRon
    Hell, I can't even make my Pilot Certificate info private, even though the FEDERAL LAW mandates it. The FAA doesn't give a rat's ass about complying with the law.

4. Lachlan

Lachlan En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Lachlan
    Government of the people, by the people, for the people. Riiiiight... ;)

5. Sundancer

Sundancer En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Sundog
    I think it's a witches brew of not caring, incompetence, arrogance, and lack of accountability. It's a slow, inflexible, and bloated bureacracy - the primary goal of which is to protect their budget, and careers. When those goals intersect with aviation needs, some things do get done, albeit with mediocre results.

Plenty of good folks there, but the culture is toxic, top down, and a study in the worst of 1960s management. . .if they were subject to competetion, you wouldn't hire them to fold laundry; you might maybe head-hunt some of their best folks, but that's about it. . .