Tell me about Twins...

Considering that F-18's and transport category jets have little in common with an Aztec, 10 hours of dual is pretty reasonable, IMO.

There was a guy who applied for a job flying a Citation Excel at my former home airport. He was a recently-retired naval aviator with a ton of F/A-18 time... And the insurance rejected him, because while the Hornet is definitely a twinjet, it is also centerline thrust.

Considering that F-18's and transport category jets have little in common with an Aztec, 10 hours of dual is pretty reasonable, IMO.

I wasn't arguing that it wasn't reasonable (I agree with you). I was merely providing a real world data point to confirm the information in post #112.

To rent the Aztec at our FBO, you need 500 total hours, 100 ME and 25 in Type.

Customer: "Excuse me, if you won't rent the airplane to me, how do I ever accumulate the hours necessary to...um... rent the airplane?"

Excuse me, if you won't rent the airplane to me, how do I ever accumulate the hours necessary to...um... rent the airplane?
I love reading job postings for entry level jobs

"
Pay is $40K / hr
Required 5 years experience
"

...ok?!

Customer: "Excuse me, if you won't rent the airplane to me, how do I ever accumulate the hours necessary to...um... rent the airplane?"

Dual? I feel like this dilemma is similar to uncommon singles on rental lines also.

Dual? I feel like this dilemma is similar to uncommon singles on rental lines also.

I don't hold the paper to fly a twin, but 100 hours in a twin and 25 in type seems like a lot for what is supposed to be a fairly benign twin.

Now, if they allowed you to solo the thing (i.e. no passengers) after 10 hours of twin time and 5 hours in type, that would make a little more sense, but...

View attachment 77007

Wow. I'm glad we're not alone.

I tell my wife if we pack any more stuff she's forcing an upgrade to a Navajo.

You sir need nose baggage. More room for things!

In all seriousness we took out one seat in ours and haven't missed it. It's nice for our huge Yeti cooler and the office chair I moved. I was talking about going to Atlanta to the Delta auction and trying to get a galley cart (and removing all the seats but the front) but I'm afraid it wouldn't fit through the door :(

You sir need nose baggage. More room for things!

In all seriousness we took out one seat in ours and haven't missed it. It's nice for our huge Yeti cooler and the office chair I moved. I was talking about going to Atlanta to the Delta auction and trying to get a galley cart (and removing all the seats but the front) but I'm afraid it wouldn't fit through the door :(

We've got nose baggage, as long as the cargo can get warm without problem. Part of that nose baggage area is right up against the turbo.

If it was a multi, and the engine wasn't on my nose, I'd be more worried about chilled than warmed.

Back